Man

You had to be kidding me; bad enough Krist was here. His mother had to be too?! I sighed.

Gawin looked at me and I shrugged helplessly.

"Ma, what are you doing here?"

"I came to bring you back."

"Where? Back to where?"

"Home. Our home. Where else? I called your manager. I told her I want you out of all future filming commitments after your current one. I don't want you to be in the industry. You weren't going to do it, so I decided to do it for you."

There was a deafening silence. Krist, myself and Gawin were stunned. Nobody spoke a word for a minute. Finally I heard Gawin speak in an utterly chilling voice.

"What did you just say?"

Gawin's mother looked at him defiantly and repeated herself. He looked at her. Finally, he took out his phone and called his manager on the spot. It was indeed true. Right there and then, Gawin told his manager

"Ignore everything she said. She didn't sign any contract with you. I did. My word is final."

We couldn't hear his manager's side but Gawin hung up and looked at her. He then looked at Krist who looked absolutely mortified.

"Come in Krist. Now."

Krist ran in. He came and stood with me, slightly hovering behind me. I looked at him with my side eye, clearly he was using me as cover.

I looked at Gawin who just looked at his mother and he went "Get out. Out of my life. I mean it. Get out!"

And he slammed the door on her! We were all stunned. She kept knocking and knocking and he ignored her. He called the security and told them to clear her out or call the cops. Gawin turned around to see us and he was absolutely pissed and quaking.

Krist and I were stunned. I saw tears flooding in his eyes and that's when I knew I had to step in.

"Come here" and I pulled him into my arms. I held onto him tightly and he just let me be. I looked over at Krist and signalled with my eyes and he ran off to get a drink for Gawin. I brought Gawin to the couch and Krist came back, out of all things in the world, a beer for him.

I looked at Krist with my eyes opened big and he just shrugged at me. Gawin's tears were dropping and I knew instantly he was hurting badly. I held onto him tightly. We didn't say a word, Krist's grievances, my low key sulking all forgotten. Gawin's phone kept going off and it was his mom followed by his dad and finally on the 5th call, Gawin answered it. It was his dad.

"I'm cutting her off. If you want me to cut you off too, let me know. Continue calling."

The phone never rang again after that. "I'm sorry for everything you guys had to see."

Gawin choked out sadly. Krist patted his knees.

"We are friends. We are going to be here for you. And know we are going to be there all the way. Every single step."

I held onto him and just kissed the top of his head softly in response to what Krist said. Krist clocked my action but didn't say a single word. Eventually a little while later, Krist stood up.

"Would you like for me to stay or go? I be happy to stay but if you need to be alone with Man to talk, I'm happy to give you the space."

Gawin looked up at Krist in surprise. Krist just smiled, ruffling his hair, told me to look after Gawin and he saw himself out.

"Are you ok?"

Gawin looked up at me.

"I don't know."

"It's ok. I'm here. All rights?"

He nodded. We just leaned back into the couch and I just held onto him all the way. I put on a basketball match for him to watch to be distracted. Krist texted me once he had arrived home.

"Is he OK?"

'I think so. He's been quiet. Watching a match."

"Can you stay with him? I think he would want your company."

"I will."

"Take care of him. He's very important to me. Like a little brother. And it seems like he's equally important to you too."

I fell silent. "Krist.."

"We can talk about it another day. Let him know I'm home OK?"

"Are you ok? You came with your own.."

'Tut tut, small thing."

We exchanged a few more messages before I closed the conversation. I looked over at Gawin who had his eyes closed. I just snuggled him closer to me and he wrapped his hands around me tightly in response.

We ended up sleeping there, with the tv on the whole night. I woke up around 7am the next day to find Gawin sitting upright with his head in his hands.

"Are you ok?"

"Having a terrible headache Phi."

"Get a shower. I cook you some breakfast. Pop a painkiller and rest ok."

"You?"

"I'm not going anywhere. I will be here. I also have no shoots today so don't worry."

Gawin looked at me and nodded, taking off to shower thereafter. I watched as he left, wondering how to tackle this sticky situation with him.