Man

I got home, completely exhausted. But I had no heart to wake him up, seeing him sleep so deeply. And I never told him how I had been waiting at the stairs and heard him scream at his parents.

It did shake me, as I saw a glimpse of his temper but more importantly his frustrations and sadness.

I slept without even showering as I had an early morning call of 6am. I hapzardly got out of bed and got ready for filming. It was a long day that really pushed me to my limits. By the time, I was done, it was close to 7pm. I had been so busy that I couldn't even check on Gawin. I hope he had been ok.

I finally reached home around 8pm when I got a message from him.

"Are you home Phi?"

"I just got in. Why? Is everything ok?"

"Yes, it is. Do you mind coming down? I am here, at the basketball court."

I went to my balcony and looked down. He was there. I smiled to myself involuntarily. I called him instead.

"What are you doing here?"

"Yaa made dinner for you too and I told her I come over to give it to you."

"Come on up na, I'm on the 31st floor. 31-03."

"Okays Phi."

A little while later, I heard the door bell. I went to open it and he stood there, casual clothes, a thermos in his hand and he smiled at me when he saw me.

"Aren't you still healing? Why are you out and about?"

"Don't worry, I took an uber here and its a short walk from the court to your house. I need some fresh air anyways."

"Come on in. Have you eaten?"

Gawin told me he had and that Yaa wanted to give me food so he offered to drop it off. I smiled, calling her to thank her and then I hung up, only to see him just standing awkwardly in one corner.

"Make yourself at home na. Do you mind if I took a quick shower? You can watch TV whilst waiting."

Gawin nodded and made himself comfortable. I got him a drink and went off to shower. I came out about 15 minutes later, much more freshly put together and refreshed. I was towelling my hair as I came out and I saw him immersed in a basketball match.

"You really enjoy basketball huh?"

"It's one of my favorite things. How about you?"

"I like basketball too. But I also like to go cafe hopping and music festivals."

Gawin peered at me, smiling when he heard that.

"Why are you snickering?"

"That's very interesting taste for a guy."

"Too girly, isn't it?"

"Your words, not mine."

I laughed and sat down.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"I will, soon. Too tired. Let me sit down first."

Gawin looked at me and pouted minutely but stood up and went into the kitchen. I heard him pottering around and I went to check up on him. He had set out the food for me on a plate and turned around to see me. He pushed me towards the dining table and glared at me to sit down. I had my dinner at his behest.

He sat down with me and was texting Krist as I ate. Midway through my meal, Ben called. I answered the call and hung up a while later just to catch Gawin looking at me but he hurriedly turned his attention to his phone.

"You can ask me, if you want."

"Hmm, nothing?"

"Okays. Then I shall. So what did Krist text?"

He looked at me, amused.

"He was just asking me how I was, if I had eaten and etc."

I nodded, taking in the information. He looked at me and the phone and back at me again.

"How's Ben?"

"That's a start. He's good. He's out with my cousin. They are going to the beach on Saturday so he invited me too."

"I see. Are you going?"

"Yea I will. After my morning commercial shoot. I, are you doing anything on Sat?"

"Phi! Where do you think I will be, with this recovering foot?"

I chuckled.

"The beach will be fun. I be there to keep an eye on you. Would you like to join me?" I muttered, not looking at him, starting to blush involuntarily again.

I didn't hear anything for a while and I peeked at him. He had a blushing streak across his own face.

"Sure. I like that. Will Ben be ok with that?"

I nodded firmly, assuring him. He agreed to come along then. I nodded, trying very hard to keep the smile off my face as I went back to my food.

This Gawin was a cute guy who was starting to grow on me. I just had to be less inconspicuous of that.