Gawin

I looked as Man sent Yaa back to her unit and he came back to collect his car keys and wallet.

"Will you be ok?"

"I be fine Phi. Thank you for coming over."

"No issues. Rest well."

I nodded and Man saw himself out as I continued resting on the couch. I watched TV and just dozed off on the couch there and then. I woke up around 8am and sat up slowly. The fever seemed to have gone off. I know I had a clear day so I was thankful for it. I took a shower and changed into some clothes.

I made myself some oats and was having it when Krist video called me.

"How are you feeling now?"

"Better Phi. What are you upto?'

"I'm going out with Singto today to the beach."

"Owh, he finally manned up and asked you out?"

I playfully teased him. Krist blushed completely and scolded me for teasing him! I laughed. Just then, Krist told me to hold on and I saw him attend to a message.

"Gawin, P Man was asking for your number. Is it OK for me to pass it to him?'

I looked at Krist, wondering why Man wanted my number. I nodded, motioning for Krist to pass my number to him.

Krist and I chatted a while more before he hung up, wanting to get ready for his day out as he calls it when I really know it was more of a date. I smiled thinking about this cute couple too.

Just like Man and Ben, they made such a cute couple. Speaking of the devil, just then a message from Man flitted in.

"Hello. Man here. I asked for your number from Krist. I wanted to check on how are you now. Better?"

"Hello Phi, doing better now. Thank you for asking."

"Okays. Rest well na. No filming today?"

"No, Phi. It's a free day for me."

"Oh nice. Take care."

I replied affirmatively and kept away my phone, finishing up my breakfast. I decided to clean my apartment, went to check in on Yaa and then went to get dinner at the nearby mall. I was at the food court when I bumped into Ben and Man again.

"Phi!" Ben called out to me. I smiled and waved. They both came over. Man was busy on the phone but Ben tugged him along.

"Here for dinner?"

"Na. I'm here to meet my girlfriend. I made Man accompany me whilst waiting for her."

I looked dumbfounded at Ben.

"Girlfriend? You are seeing someone else?"

"Someone, you mean Phi. What someone else? Yes, I been dating her since my college days. But you know, our relationship is just kept private."

I nodded, my face was reddening more by the minute. I didn't realize that Man was registering my reaction even as he was busy on the phone. Just then, he hung up and Ben's girlfriend texted him.

"She's here. I am going to go off first okays? Thank you for the ride again Man. Bye P" Ben chirped cheerfully at us and he left.

I looked over at Man who just cocked his head and looked at me.

"You thought Ben was my boyfriend, didn't you?"

"Ahhhhh Phi..."

Man just smiled, looking down awkwardly at his shoes.

"We are just close to build up our rapport for the show. Plus he is a really nice guy. And his girlfriend knows me really well. It be awkward if he's dating me."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because he is dating my cousin sister. I do not have any siblings of my own so I treat her like a sister and he's been dating her for a bit now."

If the earth could swallow me up, anytime now, it should just open up and swallow me up! There was no coming back from this episode.

I sighed and then looked at Man who just looked at me thoughtfully with that smirk playing up on his face. I rubbed my face completely embarrassed, not knowing what to say.

"It's really not your fault. Alot of people mistook us to be a couple too. Its fine."

I looked at him, just trying to plaster a smile on my face despite the shit load of embarrassment.

"What are you doing here? Better now ?"

I nodded, filling him in on my day and just wanting to get dinner.

"How about you? Had your dinner?"

"I did, already with Ben earlier. Well it was more of a late lunch so I am still full."

I nodded and then took my leave. He nodded, asking me if I wanted a ride home. I waved off his offer and made my way back. Once I got home, I was sitting down, having my dinner when I was on Line. I saw that Man had updated his status with a new picture of himself.

But the status was the one that caught my eye,

"One man's prize is another man's fodder."

Ah. Shit. Was this a cheeky innuendo to my misunderstanding earlier on his relationship status with Ben?

Just as I was pondering over it, a message flitted in from Man that confirmed it.

"Did the shoe fit? [Hint: my status]"

Damn this fellow. He looked so composed and mature but yet had such a cheeky playful side!