Man

"We are in public Phi."

That line jolted me awake. Shit. What was I doing? I apologised and went back to my chair but felt incredibly lonely and also embarrassed as to how I had behaved towards Gawin. He sees me as a Phi and I don't know what I was trying to even do.

He came back and sat down. I wanted to say something when some fans saw us and came running wanting to take photos and get autographs signed. We smiled, stood up and obliged politely. Gawin got me to put on a shirt before doing so and I did it and we spent the next 30 minutes just obliging fan requests.

Once they left, I looked at him and we both agreed to just make a move. We kept the things away in the car, went to shower and change and got into the car. Driving back, it was quiet until I broke the silence.

"Sorry...about earlier. I just..I'm sorry. I don't know what I was..even try.ing...to do. And all those fans. Sorry your day was ruined."

"I think it was a good day Phi. I really had alot of fun today. Thank you. And earlier, I jsut didn't want any one snapping photos so that's why I said that."

I nodded. I didn't say anything. He had a point. I guess I was just sore because I don't know why I expected him to hold on. Neither did he do that, choosing to step away but I was also being so careless in public. My thoughts engulfed me until we got to his condo.

"Thank you for today. I had so much of fun. See you around soon?"

I nodded, plastering a smile to my face. I saw him go off and made my way back to my condo. I kept away the clothes, took another shower and was sitting down when Yaa called me.

"Hello dear, what are you doing?"

"Just sitting down Yaa. Am going to go buy food soon. I'm starving. Why?"

"Come over and eat na. I cooked quite a bit today."

I wanted to agree immediately but I held myself back. I am sure she would invite Gawin too. Did he really want to see me again? I doubt so. But shit, I had told her I had no plans also.

Just then, Yaa's voice broke my thoughts.

"Stop finding ways of avoiding to see him. If he didn't miss you, I doubt he would have come over here and whine about the day ending so early. So come over. Let's eat together."

"Repeat yourself again! Please Yaaaaaaa"

"I said; if he didn't miss you, I doubt he would have come over here and whine about the day ending so early. So come over. Let's eat together."

A smile instantly came to my face hearing that. I promised her I would be over in an hour. I went to get desserts for us and went over. Gawin opened the door and he was stunned to see me.

"Phi? What are you doing here?"

I was stunned. I thought Yaa had told him that she invited me. I thought he already knew!

"I.. ah.. er Yaa invited me for dinner? She didn't tell you? I'm sorry. I.. am I interrupting?"

I suddenly took a step back, embarrassed thinking if I should just leave. Without a warning, Gawin held onto my hand.

"No! Come in. I'm sorry. I..she didn't tell me. So I was surprised but please come in."

I looked down at Gawin holding onto my hand and back at him. He realized his folly and wanted to take his hand away but I held onto it for a bit. There was suddenly a deafening silence between us until Yaa broke it.

"Dear, you are here?! Come in, come in"

Gawin realized and let go and I just peeked at her awkwardly. She smiled at me knowingly and beckoned me in. I went in, giving her the dessert and hugging her briefly. She was a tiny lady and all of me could just envelope her easily.

We had a wonderful dinner and post it, we were just enjoying desserts. She felt tired after dinner so Gawin offered to send her to bed whilst I helped to clean up. I was washing the dishes when Gawin came into the kitchen.

"Hey, let me help you too."

"It's fine na. I got this. Almost done anyways. Why don't you go sit and rest? How's the foot?"

"It's ok. Not too bad. It's okays. Let me help in any way?"

"You want to dry and keep the dishes away?"

Gawin nodded and started doing it. He looked at me briefly and then asked, "what did you do when you got home?"

"I showered, did laundry. Was going to buy dinner when Yaa called me."

"Oh.."

"Phi.. about earlier.. I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to push you away."

"Hey don't be silly. You were right to. We were in public. I don't know what I was thinking holding onto your hand. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I... you treat me as an elder, I should behave correctly. Sorry na.."

Gawin kept quiet and I didn't think too much of it, keeping my eye on washing the dishes though my heart was beating wildly and also becoming sadder that he didn't refute it. Ugh. I hate this.

Just then, Gawin came up to me and just held onto me from the side, leaning on my shoulder. Well, just the tip.

"Gawin..."

"We aren't in the public, so I can do this right? Am I making you uncomfortable? I call you Phi because you are older..doesn't mean I treat or see you like an elder brother.."

I kept quiet, my heart thudding even more wildly. Was it even possible? He held onto my arm. I stopped washing and turned around. He looked up at me.

I stepped even closer, he didn't move. I held onto him, he didn't move. I pulled him a bit closer to me, he didn't move. Both of us were just looking at each other.

It was like as if one was waiting for the other to make a move. And I did, leaning down to kiss him softly on his lips.

Cue the damn fireworks in my heart.