Chapter 15: Cry

#DS6Unwavering #CirCoal #SharkFamily #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: CRY

CIRCE'S POV

It was like a scene from a movie. It happened so fast that I can't even process what's happening. Pakiramdam ko ay tumigil ang oras ko at naroon pa rin ako kung saan ako nakita ni Coal habang hawak ko ang sulat na 'yon.

I can still see the way he looked at me. I can still hear him calling out to his brother, his voice carrying a tremor of urgency. And it's like the scene of Domino dragging him back and carrying Kaise out of the house is replaying in my mind on a loop.

Despite everything, I'm glad that Coal's brother was with us. I'm glad that he kept him away.

Si Domino ang nagpaliwanag sa akin ng lahat. At least some of what they're considering. He told me what they think happened and what I should expect to happen. He explained everything while maintaining his distance from me. Nasa labas siya ng pintuan ng kuwarto habang nasa loob ako.

At that moment, I knew that what was happening was worse than I could possibly imagine.

All I focused on was the picture and what the message implied. I thought about the danger that will come, but not the possibility of danger that has already arrived.

Biological attack. It wasn't something I expected to witness in real life, what more to happen to me. I often see it in movies, read about it in stories, but I never would have thought that I would be subjected to it.

It wasn't long before the other Dawson brothers arrived. May kasama silang tatlo pang empleyado ng Dagger. Three employees that were wearing hazmat suits when they approached me, helped me get into the vehicle they provided, and transported me here to the laboratory of Dagger Private Security and Investigation Agency.

"I will need to get a sample of your blood."

The woman wearing a protective suit in front of me was a familiar face. She was the one that collected DNA samples from Coal and I.

"My name is Sorcha Byrne," she said when she noticed me studying her.

"I remember," I whispered, speaking for the first time since I left the house. "Dom... he explained a bit about a biological attack. That the powder from the card might be... might be one." I gave her a small smile, and without even seeing it, I knew how forced it looked. "I don't want to delay you, but I just needed a bit more explanation than the one he gave me. With all that's happening, I don't know if I'm going to think that I'm in the world of House MD or if I'm in the movie set of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial."

Sorcha blinked as if she were processing what I just said. "That's not much of a choice. If this is House MD, then you will be put through various painful tests as we try to cure you. It means you'll be near death three to four times before we miraculously find an answer to what might help you. If this is E.T. then it means you're physically incompatible with Earth and you need to return to your planet."