Chapter 39: Unwavering

#DS6Unwavering #CirCoal #SharkFamily #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE: UNWAVERING

CIRCE'S POV

I don't know when I started trembling. Whether it was when I saw the Circe Isle yacht that has been prepared to look bridal or at the thought that it wouldn't be long before we arrived at the beach house where everyone is waiting.

But the thing is, I'm not nervous. I certainly don't feel scared. In fact, what I'm feeling is very familiar to me. Adrenaline.

Inalalayan ako ni Domino para makaakyat ng yate. My dress doesn't have an excessively drawn-out train, but I do have a long veil, so his help was very much appreciated. Inalalayan niya ako hanggang sa makarating sa cockpit. They covered its sides with sheer white fabric so I wouldn't be seen inside.

"This is a first for me." Napakurap ako at nanlalaki ang mga mata na bumaling ako kay Domino. He grinned at my visible panic. "What I meant was seeing a bridal yacht."

I let out a shaky laugh. "Akala ko may posibilidad na lalangoy tayong dalawa papunta sa beach house eh."

Instead of going straight to the beach house, we went to a nearby resort, where the yacht was waiting for us.

Sumandal ako sa upuan at pinanood ko siya ng kumilos na siya para paandarin ang sasakyan. "And it was Tala's idea. Since I can't surf on a wedding gown, she said I should just take the yacht with me. Para cool daw," natatawang paliwanag ko.

He winked at me. "She's a smart woman so of course as always she's right."

"Interested? Pinamimigay ko na 'yon."

"Dancer ba si Tala?"

I laughed, remembering the conversation we had in Vegas. "She'll probably slap you if you ask her if she would dance for you. Saka isa pa, with your Dominoness, mas may chance pa na si Tala ang kumontrol sa'yo. There's not a man yet on this planet that could rattle someone like Tala Natasha. "

"I think you're wrong about that. She was exactly what you described when she was talking to someone on the phone when we were in Vegas."

Pakiramdam ko ay umangat ang imaginary antenna ko. "Baka naman kausap iyong isang surfer na alaga niya o isa sa mga sponsor?"

"I doubt she would tell those people that she's going to shack up with a stripper who's built like a mountain, so whomever she's talking to can fuck off."

My jaw dropped. "Who was she talking to?" I rasped out.

"I don't know, but I could find out for you." Naramdaman ko ang pagbagal ng yate at nakangiting nilingon niya. "But for now, you should marry my brother first."

My heart thudded so loudly that it felt like it wanted to jump out of my chest. Sumilip ako sa labas at napahugot ako nang hininga nang matanaw ko ang papalapit na kinaroroonan ng beach house. The procession was already starting.