Chapter 20: Best Girls

#DS6Unwavering #CirCoal #SharkFamily #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER TWENTY: BEST GIRLS

CIRCE'S POV

"Call."

"Con..."

Umiling ako. "Call."

"Call."

"Mommy."

"Mommy," she mimicked.

"Call mommy."

Kaise gave me a toothy smile. "Mommy!"

I couldn't help but join Coal when he started laughing. Kasalukuyan kong tinuturuan si Kaise ng dapat niyang sabihin kapag gusto niya ng magpasundo sa amin.

We're in front of a picturesque leisure place here in Tagaytay. It's like a secret world hidden in the middle of paradise. Parang ang sarap magbakasyon.

They have villas for families and even tents available for glamping. Hindi mo na rin kakailanganin lumayo dahil halos lahat meron sila. May convenience store pa nga raw sa loob. The place is huge, but you can easily go from one place to another since there are buggy cars available to cart you around.

"Is this place really safe? And is it really okay to leave Kaise here? They don't know her and they have a place to run so we might be disturbing—"

"Baby." I pressed my lips together. His "baby" has an effect on me in ways that I don't want him to know because he'll surely use it to always get his way. "Look."

I followed the direction of his gaze, and I saw cars lined up in front of us. Mula sa mga sasakyan ay nagbababaan ang mga sister-in-law at ilan sa mga kapatid ni Coal.

The eldest of the Dawson children, Arctic, ran out of the car, and he just waved his hands without looking back at his parents. Sumunod sa kaniya si Cookie na tumatakbo rin habang hawak ang kamay ng nakababatang kapatid habang nakapamewang na napapailing na lang si Lucienne na tinatanaw ang mga anak niya.

"The kids loved it here. Belaya's family spoils the children a lot. We won't be disturbing them. Sanay sila na sa kanila namin naiiwan minsan ang mga bata. They like having the kids over because they are used to having a big family and the children in their family are all grown ups now." He tipped my chin a little with his finger, and his gaze studied the worry that could still be seen on my face. "If there's a place safer than Dagger, it would be this place."

BHO CAMP ang pangalan ng lugar. It's the public area opened for guests. The huge building with a different name that could be seen from here despite the distance, separated by towering walls, is the private side of the business. According to Coal, they're the top investigation agency in the country.

"I don't know... I just," I sighed. "Kaise's different with you and your family, and it might not look like it, but she's not really good with strangers. Kadalasan kailangan makita niya muna ng ilang beses ang isang tao bago siya sumama."