Chapter 16: Messy

#DS6Unwavering #CirCoal #SharkFamily #DaggerSeries

A/N: Before you continue reading this chapter, this is a warning that some scenes might be too extreme for some and might not conform to the social norm that you follow. If you wish to continue after reading it, I suggest doing some research about it.

Sabi nga no'ng isang nag-comment, this is 50 shades of Coal Dawson.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: MESSY

CIRCE'S POV

Coal and I didn't drive back to the beach house when I was released from quarantine, though he was right when he told me that the travel time wouldn't be long. Bukod sa malapit lang talaga ay private road din ang dadaanan namin. Mas traffic pa nga pababa sa kalapit na bayan samantalang nasa iisang lalawigan lang naman.

Since we're going to a meeting anyway in the morning, I told Coal that we should just stay the night. I was planning on booking a hotel, but I didn't have the chance to when all of Coal's sisters-in-law invited us to stay with them.

We ended up staying over at Ember and Trace's farm house. Balak din kasing pumunta ro'n ng mga sister-in-law ni Coal kasama ang mga anak nila para bisitahin ang farm animals ni Ember at ang Embrace's Sanctuary, which is something the couple built so they could foster animals and help them find their forever homes.

Kaise was ecstatic. Kung hindi pa ako humalik sa kaniya para magpaalam ay parang hindi niya kami papansinin ni Coal dahil aliw na aliw siya sa mga alagang hayop ni Ember.

"Worried about Kaise?"

Napalingon ako kay Coal nang maramdaman ko na umupo siya sa tabi ko. Nasa conference room kami ng Dagger at kasalukuyang hinihintay namin ang iba pa niyang kapatid. Only Trace and Domino were here.

"No. I know she's safe," I said, giving him a small smile.

Apat na empleyado ng Dagger ang nasa farm house ngayon nila Trace. They were there just in case, but according to Ember, all the houses owned by the Dawsons were built like fortresses. No one would attempt to break in unless they had a death wish. Kahit kasi sa control room ng Dagger ay may mga nakaantabay sa mga bahay.

Coal's house is the same. We were safe there. It just so happened that I was the one who brought something in.

Inabot ni Coal ang kamay ko at marahang pinisil niya iyon. He didn't let it go, even when the door of the conference room opened and his brothers walked in.

Last night on the way to the farm house, nakatulog ako sa byahe. Coal didn't wake me up and instead he carried me to the bed. I woke up in the morning, and Kaise was sleeping peacefully between us. He has us in his arms, hugging us, as if he wanted to make sure that we're safe with him.

It's frightening how I'm slowly becoming dependent on him. Because I know that even if he hadn't done what he did, I would have wanted him to stay with us. I would have asked him to stay.