Chapter 2

We made it, our American feet on another country's airport floors. I had the window seat. I had to fight my way to that seat. Looking out of the window with anticipation to see all of Korea from the sky.  I needed to make a truce with Macie as we boarded that when we go to Japan, she will sit next to the window. I was the one who really wanted to come Korea, and she really wanted to discover Japan. The agreement was only right. It was mutual. 

"I'm exhausted", Macie added. 

"We sat and slept for hours?" I straighten myself to turn my head to look at her. With my finger raised, I said, "you know what, don't answer that." 

"Where do we go from here?"

"We get the bags, use the restroom if needed, and get a taxi or uber." I answered. 

We didn't get any rental cars. One, because I rather not drive in a country, that is unknown to me. Two, because money. We just got out of school; we can't become broke just because of a trip. Then again, I was the one to plan most of the trip and Macie wouldn't think twice about a car. She almost opted out of traveling because of the cost. I had to make her feel secure about the trip and pricing. That's why you do research and stress yourself out about it but if it never happened, then we wouldn't be here. 

As we're in the cab, I realized that most big urban cities look the same with that same feel. Big buildings everywhere, people with busy lives, traffic, can't forget that. A city that never sleeps. Every city has its own unique attributes. No place is alike.  Seoul has U-turn signals on the roads! I wouldn't have guessed. 

-----------------

There's a coffee shop next to our hotel. Noted. Inside of the hotel is very modern. You know those chairs and couches that look hard and uncomfortable because there's firm patting and boxy looking. Yeah, those are in the front entrance. Luck for us, we didn't book a room in the front entrance. There's a gym and a big open space cafeteria. The rooms aren't too big but enough. We have our own beds. There's a TV centered on the wall between the beds. The bathroom has a sink that runs deep. The shower is nice and big.

I can't help but think about everything that could happen. I want to jump out of bed and just explore Korea myself like a kid in the candy store. I wouldn't because I prefer not being alone. Although, I could wonder around just looking at everything. I could care less if I was able to bring something back home with me. I'm just happy that I'm here. 

===========================================================================