Chapter 8

Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran

Han, Changbin, and Hyunjin stares at each other then back at me when I walk in.

"You brought a girl?" Han says.

Changbin giggles, "CHANNIE'S A BOYFRIEND, NOW?!

I haven't been learning Korean, so I have no clue what they're saying. I do recognize the word 친구(chingu), which means friend and him calling out Chan's name."

Hyunjin comes forward and say in English, "have we met before?"

"Yes, but you were around my friend while Chan and I were in the back."

"Ah, hello." Hyunjin states. I nod my head with a little curtsey. 

"Y/N has returned back to Korea on an unexpected spontaneous decision. I offered to her that she can stay as long as she needs." Chan says to the boys. He turns to me, "you'll met the other four soon." 

 -----------------

I stayed with Chan in his room. When bedtime comes or when I'm tired, he'll leave and let me sleep in his bed or I'll sleep on the couch. I do talk to the others but I'm not sleeping on their beds. They would allow me to but multiple reasons why I choose not to. Changbin is either laying upon Hyunjin's bed or he's sleeping in it instead of his own bed. Hyunjin either kicks him out or let him sleep and uses Changbin's bed. Sometimes, I catch Changbin and Hyunjin lying beside each other sleeping. Most likely that Hyunjin was sleep, then Changbin climbed in and fell asleep alongside him.

Han is usually always in his room. He does leave the room but rarely wants to go out of the dorm on his free days. He spends time in his room watching movies or listening to music. I want to do something special for him one day so that he'll be comfortable with me. 

-----------------

There was a group meeting and I'm meeting the others. Lee Know stayed quiet with me. He did greet me but since he's not comfortable speaking in English, he stood back more. Understandable because he doesn't really know me either. The flash of Felix's smile politely greeted me. Seungmin shook my hand. Jeongin with great smiles, he tried to communicate but would end up speaking in Korean. 

-----------------

A Few Weeks Later,

During a Chan's Room, I sat on the side where you couldn't see me. He's playing and singing songs. Enlightening the community on his views and thoughts. 

I happened to laugh and STAYs mentioned hearing me. Chan smiles admiringly and holds out his hand to me. I shook my head at first, but he's persisted. I take his soft warm hand. The comments surpass as I take a seat next to him.

"This next song is for my Bambi." He clicks play and Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran comes from the speaker. He sings it as he locks his eyes with mine.  Little does he know, I know the song too and begin to sing along. We're now dueting and he looks surprised. Now, we're lost in each other gaze.

-----------------

I walked to Hyunjin's room. He's by the open window painting a meadow landscape. I knock on his door to get his attention.

"Hey", he said.

"Hey, High! I'm not saying you have to do this but just a thought. What do you think when you hear the word 'Spring'?"

"Cherry blossoms."

"Aw, yes. I think of your unreleased song 'Spring' too. Now I have no authority over what you choose to released but if you want, you could draw a scene that you think of when you listen to the song."

"You have an idea?"

"Yes, it came to me one day long ago, but I don't want to have you think you need to do it after hearing my idea. So, I'll just be quiet."

"I'll think about painting with your idea in mind."

===========================================================================