Chapter 13

Felix left a few days ago and the boys were going to come back soon. 

"I'm going to Australia."

"You are?!"

"Yes, Felix and I spoke of it when you were sleep on Christmas day."

"Oh." 

"Oh?"

I lower my head and stare at the ground. "Well, that's good. I was thinking of going back home soon."

"Back home?" He lowers his head, so our eyes will meet.

"Yes, my home. I overstayed my time here and it's about time anyways. I don't want to get you in trouble."

"You could come with me."

 I shook my head, "I think I should get home. I been away from my family and friends too long. I'm sure they'll be missing me."

"I'll go with you."

"Chan, I . . . You should go home and see your parents. I'll be back." I take his hands and hold them near my chest. "We can leave Korea together."

He pulls me in and holds my head. "I don't want to leave you." I wrap my arms around him and say nothing.  

-----------------

It was difficult parting from him. Felix noticed Chan's hesitation when departing. He had texted me when they landed if we were a thing. I said that things had happened between us. We never had a label or blown out said we had feelings for each other. 

-----------------

It's been a few weeks and Chan and Felix had returned back to Korea. Chan begun to text me first, not failing to ask when I'll be coming back. I been wanting to but it's for the best if I just stay home for a while. I can't continuously go back and forth. If I do, I'll have to break my promise on staying with him. I can't keep leaving abruptly. 

Macie comes over to my place and I fill her up on what happened, with visuals. I acted how he went in for a kiss. "HE DID WHAT? AND HE ASKED!" That was an experience with her. She started jumping up and down on my bed. I grabbed both of her hands as we jumped and screamed together. As I spoke to her about him, the feeling during those moments rush back. I remember our first meeting, how nervous I was to talk to him. How he was so determined to give me his number to stay in contact. How he would turn and smile at me. The way he stared at me from a distance as if I was the ocean he had falling in love with. Our first snowfall together. Our first kiss. 

I slowly sat back down as I raised my fingers to my lips. His warm embrace. He held me. He never wanted to let go. I left him. Again, I Ieft him.

===========================================================================