Chapter 16

"Good morning." Chan rolls over.

"Good morning, Sunshine. Sleep well?"

"Yes, with you next to me."

He cradles my head and pulls me closer for a kiss. We laid together. He had a deep longing in his eyes. I soften my expression and give him a quick peck.

"Oh! Bold of you."

"I do my best." I say with a smirk as I look towards the ceiling.

His phone starts to ring. He answers and I hear distance shouting through the phone. He's getting bombarded with questions of his whereabouts. He doesn't say anything until all the commotion ends. 

"Let's just say, I'm not in the city right now. I know it's wrong of me and I'm sorry. It got late and I didn't think I should drive. I'm safe and I'll try and get there as fast and safely as possible."

After some more talking to, he hangs up the phone. He turns to me. 

"I'm sorry," I spoke.

"What do you have to be sorry for. It was my decision." 

I took a deep breath and stayed silent. He gets back on the bed and hugs me. 

"Believe me, nothing will happen to us."

-----------------

Chan took me back to the dorm and left for JYPE. I was alone and worried. He didn't mention me on the phone so I don't think he would tell them about us. When we left, he told no one where we were going. What can I do? I know he said it wasn't my fault, but I can't help but think that it is. I mean like I slept, took longer, didn't protest that we should go back. He was only looking out for me. He cared about my wellbeing more than his job and I never should've let it get to that point. 

-----------------

The boys came back late and tired. Once Chan walked through the door, he came straight to me.

"Did you worry?"

"Yes."

"Don't, we're alright."

"I been thinking, and you shouldn't put me before work."

"It's fine, really."

"You say that, but we have no idea how the company would react to us. I'm not saying that me not being here is easier but when we were lowkey it was simpler."

"So, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that when you have to work, let's stay in the city. On days that you have off, if you want to go far out, we can."

"Oh."

"It soundly like I wanted to get out of the relationship, didn't it?"

"It did."

"I won't leave you again."

===========================================================================