10

The rest of the ride was alright I guess, nobody really talked.

We said our goodbyes and headed inside. Luckily Hayes kept his promise to keep an eye out for Sky.

"You are NEVER leaving me alone with her again." Hayes said annoyed.

Nash laughed, "What happened while we were gone?"

"She wouldn't stop asking to play horses! 'Hayes! Hayes play horsies! HAYYYEES' oh my lord I wanted to pound my head against the wall."

We both laughed, he just rolled his eyes at us which made us laugh more. Nash motioned me upstairs. I sat down then he gave me the look 'talk', I sighed and began.

"The reason I was so scared on the boat was because I'm afraid of the water.-"

"No shit, I noticed that." He said.

"I'm not finished, I didn't become randomly scared of the water, it was because.. of my, dad." I looked down, that's when Nash pushed my chin up, "It's okay, I'll always be here for you."

I continued, "One day we were having a party, and I was only 5, and everybody had left and I was swimming. I got out and that's when I got pushed back in but tackled on. M-my dad grabbed my neck and held me underwater until I passed out. I got lucky every time, because when I went to the hospital I survived. But that didn't stop him." I take a deep breath.

"He did that to me many times, and when he got arrested for doing it, he paid his friend to do it to me since he couldn't." I sniffed as a tear was falling down my cheek.

"H-his friend would do so much to me.. He would tease me by drowning me, pulling me up for one second to breathe then pull me back down.-"

"Ariella I-" I cut him off

"You wanted to know the whole story, listen."

"That's when I heard my dad got let out of jail. I was about 7-8 years old when he was let out. Then he went back to doing his thing. But he got mad at me for putting him in a bad place.. so he stopped drowning me. H-he started to.. abuse me.. in many ways."

I started to ball my eyes out, that's when I felt somebody pulled me into a hug. I felt safe for once, I felt safe in Nash's arms.