13

Today was the day I went back home. Elizabeth just got back and told me I'm able to go now. I said my goodbyes and Nash came running in, giving me a hug.

"I have school tomorrow.. Luckily here theirs only one more week! I end June 1st." He gives me a smile.

I smile back at him, "Now what am I going to do for a whole WEEK." I say faking a pout.

"Don't worry, once I'm out were going to hang out non stop. I want to be your best friend again." he says.

I nodded and left. As I walk back what he said to me kept replaying in my head. 'Best friend', that's all.. I must be falling for something that doesn't like me back. This always happens.. But what about all the kisses? Does that mean nothing to him..

I walk into my kitchen and smell my moms amazing food.

"Hi Ma! I'm back."

"O, Ari! i te extrañé cómo era?"
(I missed you how was it)

"Good! Me and Nash started talking again. He wants to try and be friends again. So, what chu cooking there?"

"Your favourite meal mi hija." she says smirking.

YES! She's cooking Tamales with Elote!! Best thing ever.
(In case you didn't know Elote is Mexican corn on the cob with Salt, chilli powder, lime, butter, cheese mayonnaise and sour cream added.
SO GOOD.)

I nearly squealed so loud. I love my mom, I just feel scared that dad's going to come back and hurt us, I don't want to see her get hurt.

"Mama.." I say nervously.

"Hmm?"

"Dads time is almost up.." my voice cracks.

She stops doing what she's doing and walks to me.

"Ariella, I will do everything to make sure he does not hurt you! Ahora, ¿cómo hambre estás." She gives me a big smile.
(Now, how hungry are you)

"Very!" I clap my hands.

I almost choke on my food, it was amazing. I love my momma's cooking. I hope when I'm older I will be as good as her.

I finish way before her. I was starving.

I walk into my living room to watch TV and that's when the news suddenly pops up. My eyes widen, I then grab the remote to turn it up.

'Update, A man; called Frank Sanchez is now released from Jail after 7 years, wow. Can you believe that? Hopefully he won't go back to his old life. That is all, have a safe night.'

I didn't mean to give my mom a terrified look, she gave me a look, 'stay calm' and walked over and held onto me. I'm honestly so scared right now.

Nash's Pov:

"Hayes turn that up!" I yell at him

'Update, A man; called Frank Sanchez is now released from Jail after 7 years-

"Since when were you so into the news Nash?" Hayes asks comfused

"SHUT UP." I say back

'That is all, have a safe night.'

"Thanks a lot Hayes, I couldn't hear the rest with your big mouth." I groaned.

"What's up with you? Tell about that whole news thing bro." he asks

I put my head in my hands then speak

"That.. guy. Frank Sanchez.. That's Ariellas Dad." I stutter.

Hayes knew all about What he used to do, he just didn't know his name. His eyes then went wide.