Chapter 3

Before reading please do give me authorroran a follow:)

I sighed scrambling out of the prison and signing in the directory.

"Please email me his documents by tonight along with any supplementary inputs we have. Also, email me the reports from his brain scans, I need clear scans of the frontal cortical region, I have already spoken to the technician. His symptoms suggest criterion A of schizophrenia" I asserted.

"Sure Doctor" The officer added before unlocking the door for me as I walked out of the asylum.

I worked for the American Psychology Association and was designated as their Vice President.

If I would substantiate my worth and passion for Psychology, I was soon going to be The President of the American Psychology Association.

I was the first woman of color who was chosen as the Vice President of the Psychology Association.

I completed my PhD in clinical psychology with a postdoctoral fellowship in Psychotherapy and neuroscience.

I loved my profession. It had given me an identity and I was not a clod to take it for granted.

I walked out of the elevator of this glassy skyscraper I had arrived at a few minutes ago and scanned for the receptionist when a woman addressed me.

"Doctor Kira?" She chirped.

"Hey! Yes, it is!" I retorted back with equal enthusiasm.

"Our President hasn't arrived yet. Just a day ago Lycaon won the bid for all establishments so the new president was supposed to address us all today. Meanwhile, you can look into our staff" She politely acknowledged.

Anyways, I didn't care a hang. I had informed the Association that I wasn't an Industrial psychologist nor was industrial organizational psychology my speciality to help and enhance the achievement of commercial fucking corporations.

But due to the domination, this company possessed and the backing it gave to carry out research work to the association, I was compelled to come here as I was one of the best Psychologists in the states.

Whatever.

The receptionist directed me towards the cabin and I started my day with the Human Relations team.

The afternoon elapsed quickly and I was finally ready to go home.

Henry got a hold of my bag and walked ahead of me.

He was a very good boy! He had lost his parents when he was about to graduate and with no one to support him, he had mislaid himself to psychotropic drugs.

I met him at an asylum, helped him, got him out of that asylum, made him complete his graduation and here he was, now working as my assistant preparing for his masters.

Sadly, for teens, we didn't have good rehabilitation institutions even today.

I was about to slide the door open when I heard a shrill cry followed by endless mewls for help and it wasn't of any human, it was of a kitten's.

"I fucking hate cats!" A man howled, his back was facing me.

Before he could knock the kitten out of the window, I sprinted towards him and yanked his shirt stimulating him to turn around.

"How fucking dare you, Asswipe!" I grumbled, I didn't even comprehend when I had slapped him after yanking the kitten out of his hold.

But when my palm ached, realization dawned.