Chapter 6

Please comment to lemme know what y'all think of the book so far and follow me authorroran

"When the purpose and the reason of your life are lost, remember you can be and do whatever you want, that's the time you carve yourself into a masterpiece, you already have nothing to lose, keep that spirit alive, submit to the almighty and do your deeds, You can forget but karma never forgets nor does it forgive and even God doesn't receive souls of those who kill themselves, why not find peace for yourself here when you are meant to be here? Turning to alcohol every time you're depressed, constant preoccupation with alcohol at the cost of work, social and family life counts as alcoholism" I let out drawing circles on the board turning around.

I looked at these criminals who were now staring back at me with their hands cuffed and legs shackled.

Facilitating 12 steps alcohol anonymous program for these suicidal prisoners sucked big time but again I was getting my paycheck on time.

"You told me, you're going to make us do an activity today! And none of us is even suicidal anymore. We want to go back to our family" Daniel, the serial killer spoke.

Daniel Knight was a multimillionaire and a serial killer. This psychopath would kill every old man he would glimpse at for his wife since the day she had shared with him her past of how her stepfather had molested her.

After butchering eighty-six abandoned old men, the authorities seized him with the help of his wife.

He was going to commit suicide when his wife didn't show up for his court hearing.

His contacts were so solid that he was able to smuggle all sorts of drugs and alcoholic beverages inside his prison cell until he had overdosed on heroin.

That's when his case was transferred to me and the news that his wife was pregnant altered everything.

Love was crazy and never would I ever wish to fall into this ambush. It makes you go crazy, you relinquish your psyches and become useless. I never wanted this love in my life, love makes you weak and it kills you from the inside.

"For the activity, I'll have to use a lot of gestalt therapy and you are still not eligible for that Daniel. We need to take it slow and steady" I let out singling out.

Everyone sighed except that analogous arrogant face that smirked back at me. Today he was staring at me with a very unusual gleam.

He wasn't even suicidal, I don't know what he had done to attend this session with me.

"I just paid $2000" He grinned.

Mutt.

The two officers standing outside the glass portals documenting and scanning for any threats nodded at me, this was my time to leave.

"Let's meet on Saturday then, how about I conduct the therapy session on Saturday?" I attempted to cheer them up.

At the end of the day, these grown-up ass men were my patients and there was no way I was letting my patients down. They were all my responsibility.

Loud glees of approval disseminated which made me roll my eyes instantly.

So much drama.

I ambled out of the group counselling division and walked towards my cabin as I had a five-minute break.

"I want to speak to her" I heard Daniel's voice as he glared at both the officers who had braced him.

I loathed when humans were being regaled like animals because even animals didn't deserve this kind of inhuman handling too. I didn't know what was I saying right now but you don't need to make sense always, right?