Chapter 8

Kira

"Gerard, behave yourself and do not engage in any kind of lunacy. And this statement was an ultimatum" I grimaced clutching his hands, making him walk by my side.

This man didn't understand half the phrases of the English lexicon, first I was under the impression that he was fooling around but after living with him for a few days, I could really say he needed to be deported back to his planet of origin.

I suspected that he was a size-shifter because last night I actually saw his muscle enlarge in size just like his height.

Or was I making up things now?

"I am never leaving your side, promise!" He grinned kissing my cheeks, his hands moving lower from my waist when I glared at him.

"I brought you here so you can find yourself a freaking job and earn, don't ruin it for yourself" I affirmed.

"When you told me that you have a job for me, I thought you were going to make me your assistant and not a fucking nurse, I don't want to go to a fucking school" He howled.

"You aren't even a fucking graduate! To be my assistant, the minimum criteria is a master's degree with 3 years of clinical experience. Watch that tone, I had previously decided to hire you as a sweeper but-" Gerard pinned me to the nearby wall clasping my waist before I could complete.

He cupped my jaw and lifted my chin to make me gaze at his preternatural orbs, they were so appealing, all I could was just stare and get lost in the chasms of his pretty eyes.

He leaned down sniffing my scent, moaning in triumph, it felt like a hound had just inhaled my scent, his movements seemed so carnal that I anticipated backing away from him.

"But a celebrated psychologist and a neuroscientist with a sweeper boyfriend doesn't sound good, right?" He beamed gawking at me, pecking me close to my mouth.

What was he doing to me?

"Boyfriend, when did that happen?" I inquired, dazed.

"You said you didn't mind fucking around with me which implies you're my girlfriend now. I only believe in mates but you are my only exception" He casually stated.

My eyes were ready to bulge out listening to his hypothetical stances.

"Have you heard of a one-night stand, you mindless animal?" I grumbled.

"Yeah, last night I did notice a small low bedside table having drawers beside your bed that's a nightstand so? Don't you dare reverse the topic! You're my woman" He bellowed clutching my wrists.

"One-night stand, Gerard. I said we can be casual sex partners that's what I meant when I said I don't mind fucking around" I exclaimed.

This crude man was a fucking blockhead.

I was grateful that I was in my cabin with this lout because I didn't want him to cause clutter at my workplace.

I was drawn to this dummy, yes, but I wanted to find a prehistoric place for him to exist because it was time to tell him goodbye.

I was forfeited in my woolgathering when abruptly Gerard grabbed my throat, I stared at his searing eyes which blazed his thirst to stifle me.

Gerard was strangling me, his eyes held so much rancour for me that even if I tried to shut my eyes I would feel the intensity of his wrath, it was as if he was categorizing me as someone who was derogatory and way below him in rank and status.

Wasn't he living a vagabond life before I gave him my roof?

"Listen, and fucking listen. It won't take me more than a few seconds to snap your throat, rip your body into two and fucking devour you, your meat won't amount to even half of my meal. Don't take me for granted, female. I don't know what you did with your life before we came into the picture but you're going to leave all of that behind because we chose you as ours and from now onwards, it's just going to be us" He growled, the vehemence of his voice and red-rimmed eyes so ferocious that I couldn't muster up the courage to speak in front of him anymore.