Chapter 3: Examination

Tanjiro was well aware that Izuku was more happy than normally. He wasn't sure why, if anything he was a bit worried, because it had been a while since he had seen Izuku that happy, but he was glad Izuku was happy. Albeit, he was confused that Izuku discontinued the prototype for his Support course application. Heck, he allowed a different orphan in their orphanage to take it and present it as theirs. While it isn't unheard of that Izuku helps, straight up cheating isn't part of it. Not that Tanjiro cares, as long as he is left alone.

On the other hand, Izuku leaving for hours and returning drained, showing signs of quirk overuse none the less, Tanjiro was worried, so was Mrs Shiota. But Tanjiro had an answer for that. At least he thinks he has an answer. While he and his sister Nezuko were out in Masutafu, they spotted Izuku and All Might at Dagobah Beach. Said Beach looked far more tidy. Lesser like a dumpster. It looked like they would train, his quirk control mainly. Well, Izuku did show them the autograph... Well, no weed for Tanjiro. Even though Nezuko saw it too.

...

Izuku and All Might, who introduced himself as Yagi Toshinori, were testing Izuku's quirk for weeks. These weeks turned into months of quirk usage and general training. Each passing day, the unofficial dumpster site became a usable and nice beach. Albeit the sand shifted in color, due to Izuku's ash making. This also resulted in his quirk being more potent and acting faster. And in a revelation.

Izuku can control the quirk to some extent, but not like All Might guessed. Instead of controlling the decay with his mind while he touches it, Izuku can 'infect' objects. Even when he doesn't touch something anymore, an object continues to decay. Which he can control, to a weak extent so far. All Might is certain this can be build up even more. But one thing is certain, he is ready for UA!

...

He and who knows how many students were collected in the auditorium of UA. One of the teachers, the Pro Hero Present Mic, whose also a very popular radio host, told them about the practical exam. They then were lead to a fake city training ground. Izuku really had to wonder, 'What is UA's budget?'

A gate opened and students of dozens of Middle Schoolers rushed into the city. Soon they saw the first robot to trash. Izuku ran up to one, touched it and watched it turn to dust. He repeated that with many other bots. While making dust, he could hear Bakugou Katsuki cracking one explosion after the other. He decided not to let himself be distracted by the explosive brute.

Izuku climbed onto a building to watch and to look out for a few three-pointers. He saw a group, not noticed by the other participants. No wonder, these were in an area not really reached by anyone. He climbed down the building and ran up to the group. There he saw a boy with purple hair sneaking up from behind the bots. He did something that deactivated them.

"What the?", muttered Izuku, sneaking up to two, before turning them to dust. "How are you doing this?"

"They have buttons on the back, for us people with lesser destructive quirks.", explained the purple haired boy. "I wish I could mind control these fuckers. I want to see bots battle each other."

"Agreed. That would be fire.", replied Izuku, "I hope to see you in class."

With that, the boys split their ways and continued to rack up points. Izuku was only touching some lightly and the decay ate its way though the metal giants. He was again on a building, watching his surroundings being trashed by robots. Until he saw a giant one emerge. He saw many participants run away from it. It was the zero-pointer, worthless, yet massive. No one would bother to deal with it.

He wanted to leave as well, when he saw that a girl was stuck under some debris. The zero-pointer soon walking on her. This was an exam for a hero school, yet no one bothers to save her and be a hero. He jumped off, landed on a bot and disintegrated it. He ran to the girl. He decayed the debris.