Chapter 7: Internship

After the Sports Festival, Izuku was very pleased to see that Bakugou got beaten, they were now getting their offers for their internships. To Izuku's surprise, despite not being part of the festival, he got a few offers. One letter gave a strong hint why.

They know he defeated the villains at USJ.

But he didn't care. He was more excited about the fact that the purple haired guy from the entrance exam managed to get in. Shinsou instantly asked why he wasn't at the Festival. After Izuku explained the punishment, Shinsou was floored.

"I can't believe Aizawa-sensei tried to sabotage you. He was somewhat nice when he talked to me."

"He didn't sabotage me, there are systems in place for students who don't partake.", said Izuku, "According to principal Nedzu, that punishment is somewhat common."

"If you say so... I'll intern with Aizawa...", said Shinsou.

"Hey, I don't mind. I don't dislike Aizawa for doing his job...", said Izuku. He feels like he just lied to himself. "Did you think about a hero name? We're supposed to pick them today with Midnight."

"Yes. I choose 'The Commanding Hero: Mind'. Midnight and Aizawa won't allow that I call myself Mind Fuck.", replied Shinsou. "Well, then it will stay my user name on Reddit and such."

"Mind is a bit bland.", said Izuku. "What about Mindset?"

"I think I smell a pun.", said Shinsou.

While the boys were talking, Izuku's friends but in.

"Izu! Who is this? An old class mate?", asked Ochaco.

"Nope, we met at the exam. This is Shinsou Hitoshi, one guy with one cool quirk.", said Izuku. "Shinsou, these are Uraraka Ochaco, Jiro Kyoka and Yaoyorozu Momo."

"Dude, your whole friend group are girls.", laughed Shinsou.

"And?", asked Izuku. Compared to his friend group in Aldera, three girls is a big update! Even though he is already annoyed with the 'Are you dating them?' questions. Albeit, they are mostly asked by Mineta, the midget perv, and Kaminari. "You'll sit besides one of them, there is only one free seat."

"We better get seated, Aizawa should come any time now.", said Jiro.

And like someone called the devil, Aizawa arrived. Accompanied from Midnight.

"The time until lunch will be used for Midnight's assistance with your names. After that, internships. Unless you're as incompetent as you waste time to pick your names, then we push the internships to tomorrow.", said their teacher. "but before that, we have a new student in class. Shinsou Hitoshi, from the General Studies Course. He will take supplementary classes for now, but when he catches up, he will join all your classes. Midnight, your turn."

She clapped her hands to get their attention. Not like she didn't have Mineta's attention as soon as she walked into the class. "Listen! I want you all to present your name to the class, including a title and an explanation why you choose it! Write it onto these signs!"

The first hour was spend with discussions under class mates. Until Shinsou approached Midnight.

He stepped onto the podium and showed the class his hero name.

"I choose 'The Controlling Hero: Mindset'. And I know it sounds villainous, but that is the point of the name.", said Shinsou.

"Could you explain what you mean?", asked Midnight.

"I want to prove that even people with quirks marked as villainous can become heroes!", stated Shinsou.

"I like your thinking.", said Midnight. "Names with a message can work. If the message is sound and not contradicting itself."