Chapter 19: VS. Mirio

So theystarted the day with a battle between Lemillion, Mirio never botheredwith a title, and the Orphan Hero Ashen. Izuku isn't sure how thiswill end, he just knows he doubts his new support items help.Especially the hook.

He, Tanjiroand Nezuko, as well as the other orphans in the orphanage watched thesegments of the other years, which includes Mirio's class. His quirkis something, a full on counter. How do you decay something you can'ttouch?

Mirio canjust turn intangible when he sees fit, when he sees the decay. Unlesshe doesn't. An risky idea is forming in Izuku's head, but he won'tknow if it works or not if he doesn't try it. Even if it just buyshim time to do something.

Izuku andMirio were standing opposite of each other in the gym hall, hisclass, Aizawa and Mirio's two friends were standing at the walls,watching.

Mirio saidsounding pretty excited, "I've heard a great deal about you,Midoriya! And I saw you perform at the festival, not to mention thebattle at Kamino ward! Give me your all!"

"Okay,Togata.", agreed Izuku, "Wanna start now?"

"Ofcourse!", he said before vanishing in the ground, his suit leftbehind. Smoke started to spread from Izuku, who wasn't too surprisedit came. Which was not the case with his very confused class. Izukuused his hook and aimed it at the ceiling, swinging around, mostimportantly, not touching the ground.

After yearsof writing Note books about heroes and the occasional villain, Izukudeveloped the habit to analyze people, even if it is rude accordingto Tanjiro. From seeing Mirio's parts of the third year section, heknows Mirio likes to vanish in the floor and shoot out. Izuku kickedMirio in the back.

Likepredicted, Mirio shot out and was in the air. Izuku was swinging intohim, knocking Mirio out of his momentum. Crashing on the ground,Mirio looked up and said, "Oh boy, that was a creativeway to hit me. And fast. Seriously, your kick hurts." Izuku may ormay not have added metal toe caps to his shoes to make his closecombat kicks more viable.

Swingingaround like Spider-Man, he started to shoot his marbles around, notbefore loading them with Decaying Essence. Mirio wasn't even dodgingthem, he just turned intangible. He wondered where the smoke camefrom, but as it wasn't doing anything, he didn't pay much attentionto it.

Aizawasaid, "He knew about Mirio's floor shooting, why doesn't he knowthe marbles won't work? And the smoke, is that another quirk from Allfor One?"

"I..have no idea.", said Hitoshi. "Maybe to tire out Mirio? His quirkis kinda a full on counter to Izuku's. Izuku could profit from Mirionot using it. About the smoke, I guess it is."

Mirioagain vanished in the ground, shooting out to Izuku's height.Reappearing in front of Izuku, he tried to punch Izuku. Who grabbedhis first, spreading decay onto it. Mirio fell to the ground, notgoing intangible. Izuku used his other hook to catch Mirio mid-air.Mirio was holding his hand, paralyzed by the pain. Izuku dropped himto the ground, them he made the decay stop.

Whenthe pain stopped being unbearable, Mirio stood up, out of breath. Hesaw Izuku hanging in the air, not moving. Just hanging there andlooking down on him. Mirio walked to Izuku.

"Didyou sneaky duster wait for me to attack?"

"It'snot like I can decay you while you're going ghost.", replied Izuku.He then smirked, "And to be honest, I waited for something else tohappen."

"Likewhat?", he asked, before feeling another explosive spreading pain.But this time in his foot. His left foot started to decay. Mirionoted the smoke was clearing out around him. He saw the marblesrolling around, decaying the ground. "Oh."

"Yeah,'Oh'", said Izuku, before coming down. He then made the decay ofthe marbles stop. "Do you like my trap marbles? My idea for a move.They can either work as a trap or projectiles. I think you should seeRecovery Girl, sorry."