Chapter 5: The other Ash Maker

After the exam, they were judged. Momo explained Izuku's plan to take out Sero.

"Izuku wanted to trick Sero into fetching one of the Decay infested knifes.", she said.

"Decay is so painful!", said Sero, now wrapped in bandages by Recovery Girl. Her quirk isn't enough to heal Decay wounds instantly.

...

After a few other teams, they were on their lunch break. Izuku was sitting with Momo and Jiro. Momo wanted to talk with him about their exercise. Jiro tagged along with Momo. They were talking about Jiro's round afterwards. She was in a team with fucking Mineta, against Iida and Koda. Jiro faults the perverted midget for failing.

They were just talking, when all of a sudden, an alarm started to ring. The student body acted like a bunch of chicken when a fox is in their chicken coup. Izuku got pressed against a window. He saw no villain, instead he saw people from the media flood the gate of UA. He had no idea how they managed to get in.

He managed to force his way out of the flood of students. He was in a corridor. The corridor was empty, as it won't lead to an exit. Not directly, that is. Izuku decided to take a detour won't hurt. Running down the corridor, he heard someone whisper.

"Who is the other Ash Maker the Slime told me about?"

Izuku followed the voice. He took peak into a room. He saw a figure going though folders of the school. Like when saving Bakugou from the slime monster, his body acted on his own without his minds consent. He activated the light inthe small room. This caught the young man, or older teenager at least off guard. The teen was thin, his periwinkle hair needed a hair cut. His skin was pale and dry. A strong contrast to the dark clothes. Red eyes glowing in his face.

He took out a paper and threw it into a misty portal. The man rushed to Izuku and pushed him against a wall. His hands were on Izuku's neck. Izuku was able to stare into the mystery man's red eyes. Red into red, calm against crazy. No, the man was stressed. Izuku heard him whisper, "Why is my quirk not working?!" Izuku grabbed the attackers arms. His quirk wasn't working either. He let go of Izuku and jumped into the portal. Izuku has no idea what the fuck just happened.

...

The crazy school day came to an ending. Izuku was leaving the school building, thinking about the intruder. Why were their quirks not working? Who was this guy and why did he break into UA? What did he steal?

"Dekiru!", yelled Uraraka. She ran up to him and said it again. "Dekiru!"

"Why are you yelling 'Dekiru', Uraraka?", asked Izuku.

"Isn't this what Bakugou calls you?", she asked.

"No? He calls me 'Deku', as in 'useless'. As in, it is an insult and I doubt you have a reason to call me by an insult.", explained Izuku. "If you want to call be by anything but my surname, call me Izuku."

"Then call me Ochaco! And sorry, I wasn't aware.", she replied.

"Albeit, Dekiru means 'can do it'.", he added, "I kinda like the ring of it."

"Maybe you can use it as your hero name?", she joked, "You saved me after all. C-Can I copy your English homework?"

"Or... I help you.",noffered Izuku. "You would profit from help a bit more than copying."

"Fair. Do we go to your place?", asked Ochaco.

"Can't do that, Ochaco. You see....", he said, unsure how she would react, "I'm an orphan, living in a group home. We aren't allowed to have friends over."

"Oh, then my place it is.", she said.

Izuku was surprised she still wanted his help.

...