Chapter 8: Aizawa's shadow

Izuku stepped into the mansion. All Might gave him a simple description. White suit, yellow accessories and S on the chest, white hair. And he said he should be careful as Gran Torino isn't the youngest anymore. Looking around he spotted an old man matching that description, but just far shorter than Izuku expected. But that made the fact that AllMight was afraid of him even more funny.

"I assume you're the kid Toshinori send?", asked the man, "Well, I am Gran Torino."

"Yes, I am the kid. I'm honored to meet you, sir.", said Izuku.

"Really? Why? You probably haven't heard of me.", said Gran Torino.

"Correct. But All Might told me about you.", explained Izuku, "He seemed scared doing so. I'm just excited to meet the man that scares the number one of Japan."

"Fair. Now listen kid, he is afraid of a reason, albeit he is overplaying it, I will not play around. I'll make you sweat, even if you don't plan on inheriting One for All.", said Gran Torino. "But not now. I'll show you the room you're staying in, then we get shopping groceries. You'll carry the bags, I will take advantage of your young body."

"Okay.", agreed Izuku.

Like the old hero said, they were getting groceries. Izuku made a short detour getting hair dye. While Gran Torino did notice it, he didn't comment on it yet. In general, he didn't talk much. He just asked Izuku what things he told him they need. He tested Izuku's memory, but Izuku didn't know that. He just assumed the old man needed a memory help.

...

The while in Masutafu, Shinsou Hitoshi was following Aizawa. They were in casual wear.

"We start with a more... boring part of being a hero.", explained Aizawa hisintern. "Sometimes, heroes take on duties more akin to what detectives do... or teachers. Which is the case today."

They were walking though a row of small houses. In front of one house was a woman with green hair, she was tending to some flowers.

"She looks like Izuku.", muttered Shinsou. "Green hair and such."

"Well, thisbis Izuku's mother, Midoriya Inko.", revealed Aizawa.

"But isn't-"

"Your classmate is an orphan, yes. You see, Mrs. Midoriya never signed a release. We are here to change that.", explained Aizawa. "A UA policy is that all orphans in the hero course become wards of UA, to protect them. Which your class needs. Without a signed release, he can't be a ward."

"Which is a risk, considering his quirk.", realized Shinsou. "Geez... Whyndidn't she sign? I doubt she will take him back, from what Izuku told me."

"Parents want to save face. They don't want to look like total garbage.", said Aizawa nonchalantly. "In my opinion, not signing the release is worse than signing. I'm sure Izuku would agree."

"Oh, he would.", whispered Shinsou.

Arriving atthe gate to the front yard, Aizawa said loudly, "Excuse me, Mrs. Midoriya. I'll need to ask you a few questions."

She stopped tending her flowers and walked to the gate.

"Oh, why if I may ask? And who are you?", she asked.

He showed her his license, "Underground Hero Erasure Head, Masutafu Nights Agency and teacher of UA. This-" He gestured to Shinsou. "-is my intern,nhe will shadow me to see what the job entails. If you want, I can send him away for a bit. Not all like interns around."

"No, Ibdon't mind. Come in, come in.", she said, opening the gate. "May I offer you two tea, or coffee?"

"Blackbcoffee for me, tea for the kid.", said Aizawa. Shinsou wanted to complain about the tea, he wanted coffee, but he didn't want to make a scene. They walked into the living room. Both heroics sat onto a couch and Inko made the drinks. After they are finished, she gave them to the cups and asked why they are here.