5

y/n's pov ;

As I stepped out of the shower, the towel glided through my damp hair, absorbing the moisture. Slipping out of my bathrobe, I carefully selected today's outfit, ensuring it conveyed professionalism and confidence. With a final glance in the mirror, I unlocked the door, only to find Taehyung standing there, clad in a towel wrapped around his waist. He had already showered in the guest room knowing I would take time.

"Am I going with you today?" I asked, referring to the usual arrangement where Taehyung would drop me off at work. I noticed him sifting through his wardrobe, selecting a sleek black tuxedo, a crisp white shirt, and black trousers—all bearing the prestigious Gucci label.

"You might get late if you come with me, but suit yourself," He replied, his attention absorbed in his attire. I pondered his words for a moment before reaching a decision. "It's alright then. I'll go by myself," I declared, accepting the need for independence in my routine. Taehyung simply nodded and disappeared into the washroom, locking the door behind him.

With breakfast already prepared, I swiftly gathered my packed lunch, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee lingering in the air. As I made my way towards the kitchen, I noticed Jiwoo perched on the kitchen island, leisurely sipping aloe juice while engrossed in her phone. A smile tugged at my lips, and I began wrapping the refrigerated food in foil paper.

The rustle of the foil paper caught Jiwoo's attention, and she turned her gaze towards me. "Oh, hey Y/n," she greeted warmly, her eyes darting to my formal attire. Curiosity sparkled in her eyes as she posed a question, "Heading for work?"

"Yep," I said, carefully placing the wrapped lunch into my leather handbag. Jiwoo's smile widened, and she hopped off the kitchen island, leaving her glass of juice. "Can I accompany you today?" She asked, her enthusiasm evident.

My eyes widened slightly at her unexpected request. "Like, in the office?" I sought clarification. Jiwoo nodded with delight. It wasn't a common sight to see employees bringing their relatives to work, but I felt a sense of spontaneity and adventure in Jiwoo's proposal. "Not really sure how it would work out, but I do like the idea," I responded, willing to embrace the uncharted territory.

Her smile grew wider, radiating contagious excitement. "Okay then!" she exclaimed, her enthusiasm infectious as always.

---

The morning commute was filled with lively conversations and shared laughter as Jiwoo and I made our way to the office. The usual routine had been infused with a renewed sense of camaraderie and curiosity. As we arrived, the towering office building stood before us, bustling with professionals immersed in their daily endeavors.

Jiwoo's eyes widened in awe as she took in the grandeur of the workplace. I guided her through the entrance, where the receptionist greeted us with a warm smile, acknowledging our unusual arrangement. As we made our way to my cabin, Jiwoo marveled at the sights and sounds of the office, her excitement palpable.

Jiwoo continued to explore my modest office space, her wide-eyed amazement filling the room. "This is cool!" However, I couldn't help but sense a hint of skepticism behind her reaction. "I'm not so sure about that," I replied, observing her as she roamed around, taking in the surroundings. Perhaps the offices in Dubai were more lavish and spacious compared to my cozy little cabin.

Her eyes caught sight of the bookshelf, and she immediately gravitated towards it. She plucked one of Ana Huang's novels from the upper shelf, a glimmer of excitement in her eyes. "Wow, you read fiction too?" Startled by her sudden interest, I quickly composed myself, realizing it was only my sister-in-law displaying her curiosity. "Only when my boss is on leave," I admitted with a smile, acknowledging my occasional indulgence in fictional escapes.

Jiwoo's laughter filled the air, her amusement resonating within the walls of my office. "Come on, Y/n, you're funny. I still can't believe my brother's choice got so much better!" she exclaimed, her words laced with a mix of surprise and delight. Raising an eyebrow, I couldn't resist but inquire, "Why? How was his choice earlier?"

She met my gaze with a deadpan expression before answering, "Horrible." Intrigued by her statement, I urged her to share more details. Settling comfortably on the couch, Jiwoo began to recount a humorous yet unfortunate incident. "So, when I was still in Korea, he dated this one girl," She began, her voice laced with a mixture of amusement and disbelief. "She used up all the money on his black card, and we never saw her again."

Both of us burst into laughter, the absurdity of the situation fueling our amusement. "Seriously? How dumb can Tae get?" I chuckled, finding it hard to imagine such a predicament. As I reached for the files I needed to edit, my laughter transformed into light chuckles. "Right? And before this, he only got rejected by his crush," Jiwoo added, further fueling our shared amusement.

My eyes widened with genuine surprise as I looked up at Jiwoo, intrigued by her statement. "How come? Why would anyone reject Kim Taehyung?" I questioned, genuinely perplexed. She rolled her eyes playfully before answering, "No, be for real, he's not really a big deal. Just an overhyped CEO." Her response caught me off guard, and we both dissolved into laughter, finding humor in Jiwoo's evident annoyance regarding Taehyung's public image.

As the day progressed, Jiwoo and I dedicated ourselves to our respective office work. She attended online meetings and even managed to sneak in a short nap during the day. Meanwhile, I focused on completing the piled-up tasks, knowing that my wedding was approaching, and I would soon be taking a leave of absence. Finally, as the clock struck 6 pm, I reached for my phone and dialed Taehyung's number, asking him to pick us up on his way.

The door to my cabin swung open, and there stood Taehyung, a warm smile gracing his face. We exchanged greetings, and Jiwoo and I joined him in the car, ready to head home after a productive day at work. The journey was filled with lighthearted conversation, laughter, and anticipation for the upcoming wedding.

Little did we know that the events of the day were merely a prelude to the unexpected twists and turns that lay ahead, as our lives intertwined in ways we could never have imagined.

---