25

Heart pounding, Y/n tiptoed out of Taehyung's embrace, careful not to wake him. She quickly made her way to the study, clutching her phone tightly in her hand. The rain outside intensified, adding to the eerie atmosphere in the mansion. Thunder rumbled in the distance, making her nerves jangle even more.

In the dim light of the study, Y/n found Seokjin waiting anxiously. His serious expression mirrored her own fear. "Did you get the same message?" she asked, showing him the screenshot of the text message she received from an unknown number.

"Stop seeking for the truth. Give up or face the consequences."

Seokjin nodded, his brow furrowed. "Yes, word for word. It seems whoever is behind this is trying to scare us off."

"But we can't stop now. We're onto something," Y/n replied determinedly, trying to quell her trembling hands.

"I agree. Let's focus on finding out who's behind this," Seokjin said, his eyes scanning the room as if expecting an intruder to appear.

As they sat down, Y/n's mind raced with thoughts of who could be playing such a sinister game. Could it be Mrs. Kim? Or someone else with a grudge against the Kim family?

Seokjin noticed her anxiety and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "We'll figure this out together. We won't let anyone intimidate us," he said, his voice steady.

Y/n took a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves. "You're right. We can't back down now."

They both went through their phones, searching for any other clues or suspicious messages they might have received. As they compared notes, they noticed a pattern—both of them had recently spoken to the detective about their investigation.

"It can't be a coincidence that the message was sent to both of us right after we talked to him," Y/n said, furrowing her brows.

Seokjin's eyes narrowed in thought. "You're right. Maybe someone overheard our conversation."

"But who would want to stop us from finding the truth?" Y/n wondered aloud, feeling a mix of frustration and fear.

Suddenly, a loud crash echoed from somewhere in the mansion, making them jump in surprise. The sound seemed to come from the direction of the old library, a place they had not yet explored in their investigation.

Y/n and Seokjin exchanged worried glances. "Should we check it out?" Y/n asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Seokjin nodded, his jaw set with determination. "Let's go together."

They cautiously made their way towards the library, their footsteps echoing in the grand hallway. The thunder outside seemed to intensify with each step, adding to the tension in the air.

As they reached the library's entrance, the door creaked open slightly on its own, revealing the darkened interior. Y/n's heart raced, and she gripped Seokjin's arm for support.

Taking a deep breath, they stepped inside. The room was filled with ancient books and dusty shelves, giving it a haunting ambiance. Lightning flashed, illuminating the room briefly, and Y/n thought she saw a shadow move.

"Is someone there?" Seokjin called out, trying to mask his own unease.

But there was no reply, only the sound of rain drumming against the windows.

As they ventured further into the library, Y/n noticed a flickering light at the back of the room. They cautiously approached it, and to their surprise, they found an old oil lamp lying on the ground, still burning.

"Someone was here recently," Seokjin whispered, his eyes scanning the room for any other signs of intrusion.

Suddenly, they heard footsteps behind them. Y/n and Seokjin turned around quickly, their hearts pounding in their chests.