14

Y/n sits on the edge of the bed, watching Taehyung as he speaks on the phone with the authorities from the wedding hall. The room is filled with tension and worry, and Y/n's heart races with anticipation, hoping for some positive news. She observes Taehyung's face, his brow furrowed in concern as he listens intently to the person on the other end of the line.

She can hear snippets of the conversation as he asks about the well-being of the people present during the fire. His voice carries a tone of genuine care and responsibility.

"Did anyone get hurt? Are they okay?" Taehyung's voice trembles slightly, revealing his deep concern for the safety of others. He listens intently, his expression changing from worry to relief as he hears that no one was seriously injured.

A small sigh of relief escapes Y/n's lips as she hears the good news. Though their wedding day may have been marred by the unfortunate incident, she is grateful that no one was harmed. Yet, a sense of sadness lingers within her, knowing that their special day didn't unfold as planned.

Taehyung continues the conversation, his voice earnest and caring. "If anyone needs medical treatment, please let us know. We're ready to take care of any expenses. The well-being of our guests is our utmost priority."

Y/n's heart swells with admiration and love for Taehyung. His selflessness shines through, even in the face of their own disappointment. She feels a deep sense of gratitude for having him by her side.

Taehyung hangs up the phone, a determined expression on his face. He walks towards Y/n, enveloping her in a comforting embrace.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n," Taehyung says softly, his voice filled with empathy. "I can't believe this happened. Our special day... it's been ruined."

Y/n leans into his embrace, finding solace in his comforting presence. She speaks, her voice tinged with a hint of sorrow.

"It's just... it's hard, Taehyung," she says, her voice quivering slightly. "We put so much time and effort into planning every detail, and now it feels like it was all for nothing."

Taehyung holds her even tighter, his arms offering a sense of security and support. He gently lifts her chin, making their eyes meet.

"I know, Y/n," he says tenderly, his voice filled with reassurance. "But remember, our love is not defined by a single day. We can always arrange our wedding another time, and it will still be just as beautiful, if not more."

Y/n gazes into his eyes, feeling the sincerity and love in his words. A small, bittersweet smile graces her lips.

"You're right," she whispers, her voice filled with a mix of sadness and hope. "As long as we're together, we can face any obstacle. Our love is what truly matters."

Taehyung leans in, pressing a gentle kiss against her lips, conveying his unwavering love and commitment.

"I love you, Y/n," he murmurs against her lips. "No matter what happens, we'll create a perfect wedding day that's uniquely ours. Let's focus on each other and the love we share."

Jiwoo's gentle knock interrupts the solemn atmosphere in the room. Y/n looks up, meeting her sister in law's eyes as she stands by the door.

"Y/n, Taehyung, Mom is calling us downstairs for dinner," Jiwoo says softly, her voice filled with empathy.

Y/n nods and rises from the bed, taking Taehyung's hand in hers. They follow Jiwoo downstairs to the dining area, where the table is set for dinner. The room carries an air of melancholy, the remnants of the fire incident still lingering in everyone's thoughts.

As they settle around the table, Mr. Kim initiates a conversation, attempting to bring back some semblance of normalcy.

"Taehyung, I've been discussing the aftermath of the fire with the insurance company and the wedding hall authorities. It's going to take some time to sort out the damages and financial matters."

Taehyung nods, his gaze fixed on his plate. "I understand, Dad. We'll need to be patient and allow the necessary processes to unfold."

Mrs. Kim, her voice filled with genuine concern, addresses Y/n and Taehyung. "How are you two holding up? It must have been such a shock and disappointment."

Y/n takes a deep breath, her voice tinged with sadness. "It's been difficult, Mom. We were so excited for our special day, and it hurts to see it shattered like this. But we're grateful that no one got seriously injured."

Taehyung adds, his voice filled with determination, "We'll find a way to move forward, Mom. We just need some time to recover emotionally and figure out the next steps."

Y/n's mom, her voice gentle, asks Taehyung, "How are your burns healing? Are you taking proper care of yourself?"

Taehyung smiles softly, appreciating the concern. "Thank you for asking, Mrs. Lee. The burns are healing well. I've been following the doctor's instructions and taking care of myself."

The family continues to eat, the clinking of cutlery filling the space. Words are exchanged sporadically, each member lost in their own thoughts, yet finding solace in the unity of their presence.

Jiwoo, aware of the somber mood, decides to lighten the atmosphere. "You know, I received a call today from the Dubai office of my law firm. They've invited me to their annual partners' conference next month. It could be a great opportunity for us to network and explore new possibilities."

Y/n's mother looks at Jiwoo with intrigue. "That sounds interesting, Jiwoo. How are things going with your law firm in Dubai?"

Jiwoo smiles proudly. "Auntie, it's going better than I could have imagined. Our law firm in Dubai is thriving, and we've expanded our client base significantly. We've even opened a new branch in Abu Dhabi last year."

Mr. Kim leans forward, his voice filled with curiosity. "That's remarkable, Jiwoo! It's amazing to see how far our law firm has come. What are your plans for the future?"

Jiwoo's eyes sparkle with enthusiasm. "Well, Dad, Mom, we've been considering further expansion into other countries in the Middle East. We've been exploring potential partnerships and collaborations to establish a regional presence."

Y/n interjects, her voice filled with admiration. "Jiwoo, that's incredible! I'm so proud of you and all that you've achieved with our law firm. Your vision and hard work have truly paid off."

The family engages in a lively conversation, discussing the growth and future prospects of their law firm in Dubai. They exchange ideas, sharing their thoughts on potential avenues for expansion and the challenges they may encounter along the way.

---