27

One stormy night, as lightning flashed and thunder rumbled outside, Y/n and Seokjin sat in the study, going through their findings. The atmosphere inside the mansion seemed heavy with tension, mirroring the ominous weather outside.

"Seokjin, we need to hurry up. They're all about to be back from the meeting," Y/n said, glancing at her watch. The Kim family had gone to the office together to partner up with another big brand. The mansion felt strangely deserted, and it provided them with a rare opportunity to dig into the family's secrets without prying eyes.

Seokjin nodded, flipping through the papers in front of him. "You're right. Let's go through these last few documents and then call it a night," he replied, his eyes determined.

Suddenly, Y/n's phone buzzed with a message notification. She picked it up, glancing at the screen. It was an unknown number again. Her heart skipped a beat, and she quickly opened the message.

The text read, "Give up before it's too late."

Seokjin's eyes narrowed as he read the message over Y/n's shoulder. "Another message from the same person?" he asked, his voice low.

Y/n nodded, her nerves on edge. "Yes, they keep trying to scare us off, but we can't back down now," she replied, trying to sound brave.

Just then, the study door creaked open slowly, revealing a figure standing in the shadows. Y/n and Seokjin jumped in surprise, their eyes widening with fear.

"Who's there?" Seokjin called out, his heart pounding in his chest.

The figure stepped forward, revealing themselves to be Jiwoo. But her expression was unlike anything they had seen before. Her eyes glinted with malice, and her lips curved into a sinister smile.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here," Jiwoo said mockingly, her voice dripping with venom. "You two really think you can uncover the secrets of the Kim family? How adorable."

Y/n and Seokjin exchanged bewildered glances, unable to comprehend Jiwoo's sudden change in demeanor. "Jiwoo, what's going on? Why are you doing this?" Y/n asked, her voice trembling.

Jiwoo's smile widened, and she took a step closer, causing Y/n to instinctively step back. "Oh, don't act so innocent. You really think I didn't notice you snooping around, asking questions, and poking your noses where they don't belong?" she taunted.

Seokjin's eyes narrowed with suspicion. "Jiwoo, what are you talking about? We're just trying to find out the truth," he said, his voice firm.

Jiwoo laughed coldly, sending shivers down their spines. "The truth? You can't handle the truth!" she sneered. "You think you know everything about this family, but you're clueless."

Y/n's heart raced with a mixture of fear and anger. "Jiwoo, whatever you're hiding, just tell us. We can figure this out together," she urged.

But Jiwoo's expression only grew darker, and her laughter echoed through the room. "Together? You really think I would trust you two with the family secrets? You're outsiders, intruders in our perfect little world."

Seokjin stepped forward, his voice steady despite the turmoil inside him. "Jiwoo, we're family. Whatever it is, we can handle it. Just talk to us," he implored.

Jiwoo's eyes flashed with rage, and in that moment, she seemed like a completely different person. "You want the truth?" she hissed. "Fine. But don't say I didn't warn you."

However, before Jiwoo could reveal anything further, the lights flickered and went out, plunging the room into darkness. The thunder outside intensified, adding to the eerie atmosphere.