16

I sit in my bedroom, engrossed in the notepad, completely unaware of Taehyung's presence in the room. My mind is consumed by the case, trying to piece together the clues and make sense of the situation. Lost in my thoughts, I don't notice the weight of his gaze until I look up and see him staring at the pages.

My heart skips a beat, and fear courses through my veins. I know I've broken his trust, gone against his wishes by delving into this case secretly. I try to gather my composure, but my voice trembles as he calmly but with underlying anger asks me what all of this is about.

I gulp, my throat suddenly dry, and I manage to stammer out, "It's... it's nothing, Taehyung."

He narrows his eyes, clearly not convinced by my feeble attempt to brush it off. His voice grows sharper as he demands, "Tell me the truth, Y/n. I deserve to know."

I gulp, my throat suddenly dry, and I manage to stammer out, "Taehyung, I... I created those notes myself."

His eyes widen in disbelief, his voice laced with a mix of anger and hurt. "You created them? Y/n, why? I thought you promised to leave this alone." Tears well up in my eyes as I realize the gravity of my actions. "I know, Taehyung. I'm sorry. I just... I couldn't let it go. I wanted to help, to find the truth."

His eyes narrow, suspicion evident in his tone. "Help? By going behind my back? What are you really looking for, Y/n?"

I try to defend myself, "Taehyung, please believe me. I only wanted justice for Han Gyeong. I didn't mean to upset you."

He scoffs, his voice dripping with disdain. "Justice? That case is closed already. This is dangerous, Y/n. You have no idea what you're getting yourself into."

Desperation fills my voice as I plead with him. "Taehyung, please, I just want to help. I can't stand the thought of someone getting away with murder."

His face twists with anger, his voice laced with menace. "That case was solved years ago Y/n! There's no murderer, it was a natural death. What's so hard for you to understand here?"

My voice trembles as I try to defend myself, "Taehyung, I don't-"

He cuts me off, his voice cold and calculated. "Just drop this, Y/n. You don't know what you're dealing with. And trust me, it's better that way."

My heart races with fear as I realize the gravity of the situation. The man I love, the one I thought I could trust, is now a shadow of suspicion. I search his eyes for any sign of the man I once knew, but all I see is anger and a chilling resolve.

"I need some time alone," he says, his voice devoid of any emotion. "I don't know if I can forgive you for this betrayal."

I watch as he walks away, the weight of his disappointment heavy on my shoulders. The notepad slips from my trembling hands as I sit there, feeling the consequences of my choices. Regret fills my heart as I realize the depth of the rift I've created between us. I can only hope that time will heal the wounds I've inflicted and that our love will find a way to weather this storm.

---

Everyone was done with dinner, and I decided to take a leisurely stroll in the garden with my mom. The air was crisp and refreshing as we walked side by side, enjoying each other's company. I cherished these moments with her, as they were a rare occurrence in our busy lives.

As we walked, my mom began sharing updates about her shop and rental business in Jeju. She talked about the challenges she faced and the successes she had achieved. I listened attentively, offering support and advice where I could.

"So, Mom, how are things going with your shop and rental business in Jeju?" I asked, genuinely curious.

Mom smiled, a mix of pride and exhaustion evident on her face. "It's been quite a rollercoaster ride, but I'm managing. The shop is doing well, and we've had some great bookings for the rentals. I'm constantly learning and adapting to the ever-changing market."