30

The day of Jiwoo's funeral arrived, and the mansion was filled with an air of sorrow and mourning. Y/n stood by Mrs. Kim's side, offering her support as they welcomed guests who came to pay their respects. Taehyung, Mr. Kim, and Mrs. Lee were also present, trying their best to be strong in the face of the tragedy.

As the funeral service began, the grand hall was filled with mourners. The atmosphere was somber, and the sounds of weeping echoed through the room. Seokjin stood at the podium, delivering a heartfelt eulogy for his beloved sister, recounting the happy memories they shared together.

"Jiwoo was not just my sister; she was a bright light in all our lives," Seokjin began, his voice trembling with emotion. "She had a spirit that touched everyone around her. We will forever cherish the moments we spent together, the laughter we shared, and the love she brought into our lives."

He continued, "We cannot deny the pain we feel at her loss, but we must also remember the joy she brought to us. In this time of grief, let us come together to celebrate her life and find solace in the memories we hold dear."

As the heartfelt eulogy concluded, many in the room wiped away tears, finding comfort in Seokjin's words. Just then, the casket was lowered into the ground, the mourners stood in silence, their heads bowed in prayer. The soft sound of raindrops falling added to the solemnity of the moment.

Y/n placed a single white rose on the casket, her voice choked with emotion as she whispered, "Goodbye, Jiwoo. You will always be in our hearts."

Seokjin followed suit, his eyes glistening with unshed tears. "Rest in peace, my dear sister. We will never forget you."

Mr. Kim, standing tall but visibly broken, placed a hand on the casket. "You were the light of our lives, Jiwoo. We love you and will miss you dearly."

Mrs. Kim, tears streaming down her face, clutched onto Seokjin's arm for support. "My baby girl, why did you have to leave us so soon?" she cried out, her grief echoing through the air.

Taehyung, his eyes red from crying, stepped forward, placing a hand on Y/n's shoulder. "I'll miss her so much," he said softly.

Mrs. Lee, who had always treated Jiwoo as her own, wiped away tears as she whispered, "Fly high, angel. You will forever be a part of our family."

The priest began the final prayers, and the mourners bowed their heads once again. The atmosphere was heavy with grief, but also with the love and memories they shared of the vibrant young woman they had lost.

As the funeral service concluded, the guests slowly began to disperse, leaving behind a sense of emptiness in the mansion. The family and close friends remained, seeking solace in each other's presence.

In the quiet afterglow of the funeral, Y/n found herself standing by Jiwoo's grave, the rain falling softly around her. Seokjin came to her side, offering a silent understanding.

"She was the heart of this family," Seokjin said, his voice breaking. "I can't believe she's gone."

Y/n nodded, unable to find the right words to express her grief. "We'll find out what happened to her, Seokjin. We'll bring whoever did this to justice."

Seokjin gave her a small, sad smile. "Thank you for being here, Y/n. I don't know what I would do without you."

"We'll get through this together," Y/n replied, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Jiwoo would want us to find the truth."

---

The Kim mansion was quiet as the family members tried to move forward amidst their grief. Taehyung, who had been deeply affected by his sister's death, was slowly trying to come to terms with the tragedy. Y/n was always by his side, offering comfort and support as he navigated through the overwhelming emotions.

Seokjin, who had been tirelessly working on the investigation, approached Y/n, silently signaling her to join him in the study. They quietly slipped away from the mournful atmosphere, seeking a moment of privacy.

Seokjin carefully slid Jiwoo's unlocked phone across the study table towards Y/n, and they leaned in closer, their eyes focused on the illuminated screen. The room was dimly lit, adding to the sense of secrecy that enveloped them.

Silently, they scrolled through Jiwoo's messages, notes, and photos, the soft glow of the phone casting fleeting shadows on their intent expressions. The tension in the room was palpable as they hoped to find any clue that might shed light on the mysteries Jiwoo had left behind.

Seokjin whispered, "Let's see if we can find anything that might help us understand what Jiwoo was trying to uncover."

Y/n nodded, her heart pounding with a mixture of fear and determination. She replied in a hushed tone, "Right. We need to be careful, though. We don't want to alert anyone in the family."

With nimble fingers, they scrolled through Jiwoo's conversations, carefully reading each message. The weight of her words hung heavily in the air as they tried to decipher the hidden meaning behind her cryptic notes.

"Look," Seokjin pointed at a message, his finger hovering above the screen, "she mentioned 'Jungkook - Han Gyeong - Joohyun.' It's like she was investigating something."

"Yes, and it seems like she was afraid of something too," Y/n expressed her concern, her brows furrowing in thought, " 'The end of all' - what could that mean?"

"I wish we knew. Let's keep looking," Seokjin said with a frown, his gaze fixed on the phone.

They continued to comb through Jiwoo's phone, their eyes darting back and forth between the screen and each other. They found notes that seemed like Jiwoo was struggling to make sense of the secrets she had uncovered, her thoughts scattered across digital pages.

" 'Jungkook - Han Gyeong - Joohyun - Next me?' " Seokjin read out a note, his voice barely above a whisper, "It's like she was connecting the dots, but we don't have enough context."

"I know, Seokjin. But whatever it is, it scared her. We need to be cautious," Y/n replied nervously, her fingers tapping gently on the phone screen.

"You're right. Let's not jump to conclusions until we have more information," Seokjin assured her, his eyes filled with concern.

"Agreed. We need to find out who Joohyun is and why Jiwoo felt the need to investigate," Y/n said with determination, her lips pressed into a firm line.

Taehyung's voice echoed from outside the study, "Is everything okay in there?"

"Yes, we're just talking. We'll be out soon," Y/n responded calmly, her heart racing at the sound of his voice.

Seokjin leaned closer to Y/n and whispered, "Let's tread carefully. We don't want to stir any suspicions."

Y/n nodded, "Absolutely. Jiwoo's fear is real, and we owe it to her to find out the truth."

Seokjin agreed, "We'll continue our investigation discreetly."

With that shared understanding, they carefully put away Jiwoo's phone and composed themselves before rejoining the family gathering. Their minds were now occupied with the weight of Jiwoo's last words and the dangerous secrets that seemed to lie within the Kim family's history.

---