32

Y/n's heart pounded loudly as she stood in the kitchen, trying to process the whirlwind of emotions that enveloped her. Her mind was consumed with thoughts of Taehyung, the man she had once loved and trusted, now revealed as a murderer.

As she stood there lost in her thoughts, she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her from behind. Her body tensed, and she slowly turned around to see Taehyung's face. The same face she had kissed and embraced countless times, now filled her with disgust and fear.

"Hey, babe," Taehyung said softly, his voice attempting to sound affectionate.

Y/n forced a weak smile, trying to hide the turmoil within her. "Hi," she managed to reply, her voice trembling slightly.

Taehyung leaned in to kiss her cheek, but she instinctively pulled away, avoiding his touch. His eyebrows furrowed, sensing that something was off with her.

"Is everything alright?" he asked, genuine concern in his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm just a bit tired," Y/n replied, avoiding eye contact.

Taehyung's grip tightened on her, and she felt trapped. She knew she couldn't confront him about what she had learned right now. It was too dangerous, and she needed to gather more evidence before taking any action.

"Let me take care of you," Taehyung said, leading her to the dining table.

As they sat down, Y/n couldn't help but feel a sense of unease, knowing that the man before her had orchestrated a murder. She tried to focus on anything else, making small talk about their day and other trivial matters.

But beneath the surface, her mind was racing, trying to find a way to uncover the truth without putting herself or others in danger. She needed to protect the people she loved while bringing justice to Jiwoo's memory.

Taehyung's words seemed to fade into the background as she played scenarios in her mind, trying to piece together the puzzle of the Kim family's secrets. She needed to be patient and careful, not rushing into anything without a solid plan.

In the midst of her thoughts, Taehyung reached out to hold her hand, bringing her back to the present. She forced a smile, hoping he wouldn't sense the turmoil within her.

"Y/n, are you sure you're okay?" he asked again, his eyes searching hers.

She took a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves. "Yeah, just a lot on my mind lately. But I'll be fine, I promise."

Taehyung looked at her intently for a moment before nodding. "I get it."

Y/n nodded, the weight of his words heavy on her heart. She knew she couldn't trust him, not anymore, but she also couldn't reveal her suspicions just yet.

Little did Taehyung know, his actions had set in motion a chain of events that would unravel the lies and secrets that had plagued them for so long. And Y/n was determined to see it through, no matter the cost.

---

As the clock struck 4 am, Y/n and Seokjin found themselves huddled together in the dimly lit study. Seokjin's expression was grim, his mind made up to involve the police and bring justice to Jiwoo and Jungkook.

Y/n's heart pounded, and tears streamed down her cheeks as she clung to Seokjin for support. "Taehyung... he's a murderer. I can't believe it, Seokjin. How did it come to this?"

Seokjin's voice was gentle, yet firm, as he spoke, "I don't know, Y/n. We never imagined any of this, but now we have to face the truth."

She wiped her tears, trying to compose herself. "But what do we do now? How do we face him, knowing what he's done?"