29

A week had passed since the devastating loss of Jiwoo, and the Kim mansion felt heavy with grief and sorrow. The once lively halls were now filled with hushed whispers and tearful glances. Taehyung had remained confined to the mansion during this time, unable to face the world outside.

Y/n had been by his side throughout, offering comfort and support as he grieved the loss of his sister. But she knew that it was time for Taehyung to step out, even if it was just for a little while. She gently held his hand as they sat together in their bedroom, the soft glow of a candle casting a warm light around them.

"Taehyung, I know it's hard, but you can't keep yourself locked away forever," Y/n said softly, her eyes filled with concern. "Jiwoo wouldn't want you to suffer like this."

Taehyung's eyes were still red from crying, but he managed a weak smile. "I just... I can't face the outside world right now, Y/n," he admitted, his voice filled with pain. "Everywhere I look, I see her."

Y/n squeezed his hand gently, offering him reassurance. "I understand how much you miss her, and it's okay to grieve," she said, her voice soothing. "But you also need to take care of yourself, Taehyung. It's not healthy to shut yourself away like this."

He looked at her, his eyes searching for solace. "How can I face the world when I couldn't protect her?" he whispered, his voice breaking.

Y/n moved closer to him, wrapping her arms around him in a tender embrace. "You did everything you could, Taehyung," she said softly. "None of this is your fault. We'll find out what happened to Jiwoo, I promise you that."

He buried his face in her shoulder, holding her tightly. "I don't know what I'd do without you, Y/n," he confessed, his voice muffled.

"You don't have to do anything alone, Taehyung," she whispered, gently stroking his hair. "I'll be right here with you, every step of the way."

After a moment, Taehyung pulled back slightly, looking into Y/n's eyes. "You always know how to make me feel better," he said, a faint smile touching his lips.

Y/n smiled back, her heart swelling with love for him. "I'll always be here for you, Taehyung," she said, her voice filled with sincerity. "No matter what happens, we'll face it together."

He leaned in, pressing his forehead against hers. "Thank you, Y/n," he murmured, his breath warm against her skin.

Y/n watched from a distance as Taehyung and Mr. Kim prepared to leave for the office. The once bustling mansion now felt eerily quiet as they stepped outside, leaving a sense of emptiness in their wake. But her attention soon shifted to Mrs. Kim, who remained seated in the living room, her eyes vacant and her spirit broken.

Y/n approached Mrs. Kim slowly, her heart heavy with sorrow for the woman who had lost so much. She took a seat beside her, and Mrs. Lee, who had been there to support her friend, gave Y/n a nod of reassurance before excusing herself to give them some privacy.

"Mom," Y/n said gently, reaching out to hold her trembling hand. "I can't begin to imagine the pain you're going through right now."

Mrs. Kim looked at Y/n, her eyes filled with tears but her voice strangely devoid of emotion. "It's like a nightmare I can't wake up from," she whispered, her voice barely audible.

Y/n squeezed her hand, trying to offer some comfort. "Losing Jiwoo was a terrible tragedy, and I know it's hard to find any solace in such a dark time," she said, her own voice shaking with emotion. "But you don't have to face this alone. We're all here for you, Mrs. Kim."

Mrs. Kim looked at Y/n, her eyes searching for something, anything, to hold onto. "I don't understand... How could this happen?" she asked, her voice breaking.

"We don't have all the answers yet, but we won't stop until we find out the truth," Y/n assured her, her determination unwavering. "The police is investigating and we'll do everything we can to bring justice for Jiwoo."

Mrs. Kim seemed lost in her thoughts, her gaze fixed on a distant point beyond the room. "I never thought I would outlive my another child," she said, her voice barely a whisper. "It's unbearable."

Y/n felt a lump forming in her throat, the weight of the pain in the room almost suffocating. "I can't begin to understand your pain, Mom, but I'm here to listen if you want to talk," she said softly.

Mrs. Kim looked at Y/n, and for a brief moment, a flicker of emotion passed through her eyes. "Thank you, Y/n," she said quietly, her voice tinged with sadness. "You've always been kind to me, even when I didn't deserve it."

Y/n gently squeezed her hand, offering a small smile. "It's not about deserving, Mrs. Kim. It's about compassion and understanding," she said. "No matter what has happened in the past, I want to support you through this difficult time."

As Y/n hugged Mrs. Kim tightly, Seokjin came down and joined them, wrapping his arms around his grieving aunt. "I'm so sorry for your loss, Auntie," he said softly, his voice filled with genuine sorrow.

Mrs. Kim clung to Seokjin, finding some solace in his presence. "Thank you, Seokjin," she whispered, her voice trembling. "I don't know how I'll go on without her."

Seokjin held her gently, his heart aching for the pain she was enduring. "You don't have to do it alone," he said, looking into her eyes with a mix of sadness and determination. "We'll get through this together, as a family."

Y/n stepped back, giving them a moment of privacy, but she couldn't help feeling proud of Seokjin's strength and compassion. He had always been the rock of the family, and in times of crisis, he knew how to step up and support those he loved.

As Seokjin said he needed to go out for some urgent work, Y/n nodded understandingly. She knew he was going to get back Jiwoo's phone from the technician, and she trusted him to handle it carefully.

"Take your time, Seokjin," she said softly. "We'll be here for Mom."

Seokjin gave her a grateful smile before leaving, and Y/n turned her attention back to Mrs. Kim, "Can I get you something? A glass of water, maybe?"

Mrs. Kim nodded weakly, and Y/n went to the kitchen to fetch a glass of water. When she returned, she handed it to Mrs. Kim, who took a few sips, trying to steady her trembling hands.

"I can't believe she's gone," Mrs. Kim said, her voice barely above a whisper. "I never got a chance to tell her how much I loved her. She was always so busy with her work."

Y/n sat beside her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "She knew, Mom," she said softly. "She knew you loved her deeply."

"I should have been a better mother to her," Mrs. Kim continued, her tears flowing freely now. Y/n's heart broke for Mrs. Kim, understanding the weight of guilt she carried. "We all make mistakes, Mrs. Kim," she said gently. "But what matters is that you loved Jiwoo, and she loved you. It's never too late to cherish the memories you shared."

Mrs. Kim looked at Y/n, her eyes filled with pain and regret. "I just wish I had another chance," she whispered.

"We all wish for that, but sometimes life doesn't give us second chances," Y/n said, her voice filled with empathy. "But we can honor Jiwoo's memory by learning from our mistakes and being there for each other."

As they sat together in silence, Y/n could feel a shift in Mrs. Kim's demeanor. The walls of grief and guilt were slowly starting to crumble, replaced by a glimmer of hope and the comfort of knowing she wasn't alone.

Y/n knew that healing would take time, but she was determined to be a support for Mrs. Kim, just as she had been for Taehyung and Seokjin. As the storm outside finally began to subside, Y/n prayed that the Kim family could find strength in each other and face the darkness of their past together, knowing that only in unity could they bring light to their future.

---