31

As Taehyung rested his head on Y/n's lap, she gently ran her fingers through his hair, offering him a comforting touch. He shared his sorrow and anguish over losing his beloved sister Jiwoo, his pain evident in the tears that streamed down his cheeks.

"You're strong, Taehyung," Y/n whispered softly, wiping away his tears. "You've been through so much, but you'll get through this too. I'll be right here by your side, supporting you every step of the way."

With her loving encouragement, Taehyung sat up, his eyes meeting Y/n's. In that moment, she leaned in and tenderly kissed him, a gesture of reassurance and love.

"Thank you, Y/n," Taehyung murmured, his voice choked with emotion. "I don't know what I would do without you."

As they descended the stairs, Y/n's eyes fell upon Mr. Kim in the living room. He was going through Jiwoo's old belongings, and among them was a photograph that caught Y/n's attention. In the picture, Jungkook stood beside a brand new car, and there was another man, bald, smiling alongside them. The picture had a big red question mark drawn by Jiwoo, indicating that she had doubts about this man.

Curiosity got the better of Y/n, and she discreetly pocketed the photograph, making a mental note to investigate further. She needed to know who that man was and why Jiwoo had questioned his presence in the photo.

As she prepared to serve tea to the guests, Y/n saw her chance to inquire about the mysterious man. She approached the guard, who looked visibly annoyed by her constant questioning, but he obliged.

Y/n showed the guard the photograph, her voice tense with urgency, "Do you know who this man is? He was with Jungkook and Jiwoo in this picture."

The guard glanced at the photograph and then sighed, seemingly irritated by Y/n's constant questions. "That's Xue La, Jungkook's old mechanic. He used to work for the family. This picture was probably taken on the day when Jungkook gifted Xue La a new car."

Feeling a glimmer of hope that Xue La might hold the key to unraveling the family's secrets, Y/n pressed further, "Do you know where I can find him? I need to talk to him."

The guard scratched his head, trying to recall any recent information about Xue La's whereabouts. "I'm not sure, but you can try asking Xefei, the car cleaner. He was appointed here at work by Xue La only."

Eager to find Xue La and piece together the truth, Y/n thanked the guard and quickly headed towards the garage to find Xefei.

Xefei, the car cleaner, had an air of timidity and nervousness about him. He was a slender young man with messy, unkempt hair that fell over his eyes. His clothes, although clean, seemed a size too big for him, making him appear even more meek and small. As Y/n approached him, she noticed that his hands trembled slightly, and he kept fidgeting with his phone as if seeking comfort in its familiarity.

"Xefei," Y/n asked, trying to sound composed despite the turmoil inside her, "do you know where I can find Xue La? I really need to speak with him."

Xefei looked hesitant and fidgeted with his phone, but Y/n's urgency seemed to motivate him to speak. "I... I'm not sure, but I think he moved out of town. I haven't seen him around here for a while."

Desperation and frustration washed over Y/n. She needed to find Xue La, the missing link in this puzzle, but it seemed like he had disappeared. "Are you sure you don't know anything else that could help us find him?" she pressed.

Xefei shifted uncomfortably, feeling caught between loyalty to Xue La and the money promised by Y/n. "I really don't know, I swear," he stammered.

Y/n knew she had to find a way to motivate him to reveal more information. "Xefei," she said, pulling out her wallet, "I understand that this might be difficult for you, but I'm willing to offer you a substantial amount of money if you can help me find Xue La. Consider it a reward for your loyalty to him."