22

Y/n groggily opened her eyes as Taehyung gently woke her up. "Come on, love. Seokjin will be here soon," he softly whispered, urging her to get up.

Y/n yawned and stretched, recalling that Seokjin supposed to be here today. "Oh, right. I remember him from our childhood," she replied with a smile, trying to shake off her sleepiness.

Taehyung nodded, looking slightly concerned. "Just so you know, he's a bit reserved and serious now, so you shouldn't try to get too close," he reassured her, feeling a tad jealous.

She playfully pinched his cheek. "Don't be jealous, silly. I'm all yours," she said, planting a quick kiss on his lips.

He grinned, his jealousy fading. "Good to know," he said, returning the affection.

Once they joined everyone downstairs, Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim warmly welcomed them. Taehyung jokingly blamed Y/n for their late arrival, earning himself a playful swat from her.

"You know I love my sleep," Y/n teased back, trying to add some humor to the situation.

Mr. Kim chuckled, joining in the banter. "Ah, young love. It's always a struggle to wake up on time," he said with a wink.

Mrs. Kim smiled. "Indeed. Now, let's all get settled for breakfast. Seokjin should be arriving soon," she said, eager to enjoy a delightful meal together.

As they sat down, the delicious aroma of breakfast filled the room, making everyone's mouths water. Mrs. Lee asked about Jiwoo's whereabouts, and Mrs. Kim shared that she had gone to the airport to welcome Seokjin.

The front door opened, and Jiwoo entered, followed by Seokjin. He had an air of sophistication and composure, and his reserved nature was apparent as he greeted the family.

"Auntie, it's good to see you again," Seokjin said, giving Mrs. Kim a polite hug.

Taehyung shook his hand, masking his slight envy. "Welcome back, Seokjin. It's been quite some time," he said, trying to maintain a friendly tone.

Seokjin acknowledged him with a brief nod. "Yes, Taehyung, it's good to see you guys again. Especially your fiancé. She has changed quite a bit," he said, his serious demeanor unchanged.

Suppressing a giggle at his seriousness, Y/n chimed in. "Well, let's all sit and enjoy breakfast together. I'm sure you must be tired from your journey," she suggested, trying to break the ice.

As the conversation flowed, Taehyung occasionally observed Seokjin, feeling a tinge of jealousy but also appreciating Y/n's efforts to make everyone feel welcome. Gradually, he relaxed, realizing that Seokjin's presence was an opportunity for them all to bond as a family.

As the family settled down in the living room, the aroma of a lavish breakfast wafted through the air, courtesy of the chefs who were meticulously preparing the meal to welcome Seokjin. Y/n and Taehyung exchanged amused glances as the banter began between Mr. Kim and Taehyung, teasing each other about their business ventures. Mrs. Kim joined in, playfully teasing her husband about his occasional absent-mindedness.

Seokjin, with his cold and composed demeanor, sat calmly, listening attentively to the conversation. He seemed to blend into the background, observing the family dynamics with a hint of amusement in his eyes. Y/n noticed his reserved nature and couldn't help but wonder what he had been up to in the years since she last saw him.

Mrs. Lee, being the gentle and welcoming person she was, made sure to include Seokjin in the conversation. "Seokjin, it's been such a long time since you've visited. How have you been all these years?"

Seokjin replied politely, "I've been well, Aunt Lee. The USA has been my home for quite some time now, but it feels good to be back here."

Mr. Kim, always interested in business matters, asked, "How is your branch in New York doing? You must be handling a lot of responsibilities."