26

The morning sun gently illuminated the streets as Taehyung and Y/n made their way to her office. Taehyung was in a playful mood, trying to ease her nerves.

"Are you sure you'll be okay alone in there with just Mina?" he asked, feigning concern.

Y/n playfully rolled her eyes. "Yes, Taehyung. I'm a grown woman; I can handle going to the office on my own." He chuckled, "Alright, alright. Just making sure."

As they reached her office building, Y/n gave Taehyung a peck on the cheek. "Thanks for the ride. I'll see you in the evening."

Taehyung smiled, "Take care, and call me if you need anything, okay?"

"I will," Y/n replied, waving him goodbye as she entered the building.

Once inside her office space, she noticed something was off. It was unusually empty and quiet, and the lights were flickering intermittently. She called out for Mina, assuming she was playing a prank.

"Okay, Mina, very funny! Where are you?" Y/n called out, trying to keep her voice steady.

As she walked further into the room, the door suddenly shut behind her. Panic started to set in as she reached for the doorknob, only to realize it was locked from the outside. Her heart pounded, and she fumbled for her phone, but it wasn't in her pocket.

"Oh no, not again!"

Her breath caught in her throat as the familiar voice of Jungkook echoed through the darkness. It was a hauntingly sweet tune that sent shivers down her spine. She stammered, "J-Jungkook? Is that you?"

The humming persisted, seemingly coming from a dark corner of the room. Y/n's mind was a whirlwind of emotions-confusion, fear, and a strange sense of comfort. She couldn't believe her ears; Jungkook was long gone. It had to be her imagination, a product of her grief and longing.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" Taehyung's voice called from outside the door.

Hearing Taehyung's voice, Y/n rushed to the door, pounding on it frantically. "Taehyung! I-I heard Jungkook's voice! I'm not imagining things!"

The door opened, and Taehyung's worried face appeared. He stepped inside, pulling her into a reassuring embrace. "It's okay, Y/n. I'm here now," he whispered, trying to calm her.

"But I swear, Taehyung, I heard him! His voice-it was so clear," she said, her voice trembling.

Taehyung gently brushed a strand of hair away from her face. "Shh, it's going to be okay. Let's get out of here."

She mentioned being locked in and the lights going out, but Taehyung looked around and noticed everything was normal.

"Y/n, the door wasn't even locked, and the lights are on," he said gently.

She looked up at him, confused and scared. "B-but I saw it. I swear!"

Taehyung tried to calm her down, "It's okay. Sometimes our minds can play tricks on us when we're scared. Let's get out of here, okay?"

As they made their way out, they saw Mina approaching them, smiling innocently. "Sorry, I missed the first bus, so I got here late! I hope you didn't have to wait too long," she said.

Y/n's heart was still pounding as they walked away from the office. She clutched Taehyung's hand tightly, seeking comfort and grounding in his presence. "I swear, Taehyung, I saw the door locked and the lights flickering," she insisted, her voice shaking.

Taehyung stopped and turned to face her, his expression softening with concern. "I believe you, Y/n. It's just that when I checked, everything seemed normal. Maybe it was some kind of temporary glitch," he tried to rationalize, though he couldn't fully explain what she had experienced.

Y/n took a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves. "I don't know, Taehyung. It felt so real, and I was so scared. Maybe I'm just imagining things," she said, her voice trailing off.

He gently cupped her face in his hands, looking into her eyes with tenderness. "It's okay, love. Maybe it was just a moment of fear and anxiety playing tricks on your mind," he reassured her.

Despite his comforting words, Y/n couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. It was as if the walls of the office were closing in on her, suffocating her with a sense of dread. She knew she had experienced something strange, something beyond her usual fears.

---

As the rain poured outside, Taehyung suggested, "Hey, why don't we head to the ice cream parlor? A little treat might help you feel better."

Y/n managed a small smile, grateful for his thoughtfulness. "Sure, that sounds nice," she replied, hoping a change of scenery would distract her from the unnerving events.

At the ice cream parlor, Taehyung urged her to order whatever she wanted, wanting to make her happy. As she checked the menu, she absentmindedly forgot to lock her phone notifications, a detail that would soon lead to another tense moment.

Just as she was about to decide on a flavor, her phone dinged, and she immediately felt a sense of dread. Taehyung noticed her unease and reached for her phone, curiosity getting the better of him.

As Y/n tried to downplay the situation and claimed that she had a little chat with Seokjin, Taehyung's expression hardened, and he took her phone, reading the message from Seokjin aloud again, "Did you sleep well last night after all that? Don't forget to take proper rest, hm? I'm going to visit my mother now, I'll be back at night. See you later, bye~"

He furrowed his brows and looked at her, his anger evident in his voice, "What do you mean just a little chat? Why didn't you tell me that Seokjin was texting you? And why did you lie about going down last night?"

Y/n felt a sinking feeling in her stomach, realizing her attempt to cover up had backfired. She hesitated before replying, "I... I didn't think it was a big deal, Taehyung. We were just catching up, and I didn't want to disturb your sleep."

His anger softened a bit as he saw her teary eyes, but he still felt hurt and betrayed by the secrecy. "Y/n, we promised to be honest with each other. Keeping things from me only makes me doubt if I can trust you," he said, his voice tinged with disappointment.

She reached out to hold his hand, pleading, "I'm sorry, Taehyung. I didn't mean to keep it from you. I just... I didn't want to worry you."

He sighed, trying to control his emotions. "I understand, but we can't keep secrets from each other. Not anymore."

Y/n nodded, feeling guilty for not confiding in him. "You're right. I should have told you. I promise, from now on, I won't keep anything from you," she said earnestly.

Taehyung softened a little, seeing the sincerity in her eyes. "I hope you mean that, Y/n. I don't want us to have any more misunderstandings," he said, leaning in to kiss her forehead.

"I do mean it, Taehyung. I don't want anything to come between us," she assured him, feeling a sense of relief that he didn't stay mad at her for long.

They both sat in the car, the tension slowly dissipating as they talked through their feelings. Taehyung held her close, wanting to protect her from whatever danger may be lurking in the shadows.

---