35

The sun was beginning to set, casting a warm glow over the cemetery as Y/n and Seokjin stood before Jungkook's tombstone. Fresh flowers sat by the grave, a small tribute to the life that was tragically cut short. Y/n's eyes glistened with tears as she gently traced the engraved letters of Jungkook's name with her fingertips.

"Hey, Jungkook," Y/n's voice trembled as she spoke to the stone marker, "I hope you're at peace now. I miss you so much, you know? It's been so hard without you."

Seokjin stood by her side, his hand softly resting on her shoulder, offering silent support. He understood the pain she carried in her heart, knowing the void Jungkook's absence left behind.

"We've been through so much," Y/n continued, her voice cracking, "But I want you to know that justice has been served. Taehyung is facing the consequences of his actions, and he's behind bars now."

Seokjin squeezed her shoulder gently, silently acknowledging the closure they had finally achieved.

"I wish you were here, Jungkook," Y/n said, her voice barely above a whisper, "You were taken from us too soon, and it's not fair. We had so many plans, so many dreams together."

Seokjin pulled her into a comforting embrace, letting her cry against his chest. He, too, felt the weight of grief and loss, not just for Jungkook but for everything that had unraveled since that fateful night.

"We'll always remember you, Jungkook," Seokjin said softly, his voice tinged with sorrow. "You'll forever be in our hearts, and we'll cherish the memories we shared."

Y/n nodded, her tears subsiding slightly as she found solace in Seokjin's embrace. They stood there for a while, quietly remembering their friend, sharing stories of their time together, and finding comfort in each other's presence.

As the evening sky turned to dusk, they finally said their goodbyes to Jungkook, promising to return and keep his memory alive.

With heavy hearts, they walked away from the tombstone, hand in hand, towards the place which they dreaded the most. The Kim Mansion.

Inside the once lively and bustling Kim mansion, there was now an air of emptiness and grief. Only Mr. Kim resided there, his face etched with sadness as he mourned the loss of his daughter and the unraveling of his family. As Seokjin and Y/n entered, they were met with a bittersweet embrace from Mr. Kim.

"I've missed you both," Mr. Kim said, his voice filled with sorrow, "It's been so hard without Jiwoo and Taehyung."

Seokjin hugged him tightly, expressing his condolences once again. "We're so sorry for everything that has happened," he said sincerely, "We wish there was something more we could have done to prevent all of this."

Y/n wiped away a tear as she hugged Mr. Kim too. "We'll always be here for you," she whispered, "You're not alone, Dad."

Seokjin then gently broached the subject of his return to the USA. "I have to go back," he said, "There are things I need to take care of there, but I want you to promise me something, Uncle."

Mr. Kim looked at him with a mix of curiosity and concern. "What is it?" he asked.

Seokjin took a deep breath and said, "Take care of Y/n for me. She means the world to me, and I know she's been through so much. I want to make sure she's safe and happy, even if I can't be here."

Y/n's tears welled up again as she held onto Seokjin's hand tightly. "Please don't leave," she pleaded, "I don't want you to go."

Mr. Kim placed a reassuring hand on Y/n's shoulder. "Seokjin, you don't have to go," he said, "Stay here with Y/n. You're like family to us, and I know Jiwoo would have wanted you two to be together."

Seokjin looked touched by Mr. Kim's words but explained, "I appreciate that, Uncle, but there are responsibilities I have back in the USA. However, I promise you, I'll always be there for Y/n, no matter where I am."

Mr. Kim nodded understandingly, and then his expression changed slightly. "Seokjin, how would you feel about taking the CEO position in the Korean branch of our brand?" he asked.

Seokjin's eyes widened in surprise, unable to believe the opportunity that was unfolding before him. "Are you serious?" he asked, trying to grasp the magnitude of the offer.

Mr. Kim smiled gently, his eyes holding a hint of sadness. "Yes, I am," he replied, "You've always been dedicated and capable, and I believe you would do a great job. This way, you can be with Y/n too, and continue your life together."

Seokjin's heart swelled with gratitude and happiness, a mix of emotions surging through him. He had always admired Mr. Kim and looked up to him, and to receive such recognition and trust meant the world to him. "Thank you, Uncle," he said sincerely, "I would be honored to take on that position, and I promise to give it my all."

Y/n's tears of sorrow turned into tears of joy as she hugged Seokjin tightly, her heart overflowing with pride and love. "I'm so proud of you," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion.

Mr. Kim smiled warmly at the couple, a sense of contentment settling in his heart. "You both deserve all the happiness in the world," he said, "And I know you'll make a great team, both in your personal life and in business."

Seokjin held Y/n's hand, their fingers interlacing with a sense of togetherness. "Thank you, Uncle, for everything," Seokjin said gratefully, "You've always treated us like family, and we're truly blessed to have you in our lives."

As they stood there, a sense of hope and optimism filled the air. With Seokjin taking on the CEO position in the Korean branch of the Kim family's brand, their future together seemed brighter than ever. Y/n knew that they could face any challenges that came their way, as long as they had each other and the unwavering support of Mr. Kim.

As the three of them stood together, they knew that even amidst the pain and loss, there was a glimmer of hope for the future. Seokjin's decision to take on the CEO position in Korea not only brought him and Y/n closer but also offered the Kim family a sense of stability in the face of adversity. While the wounds of the past may never fully heal, they knew that together, they could support each other and build a brighter tomorrow.

---