telling tales

After Zachariah introduced himself to the other islanders, he joined the girls around the fire pit whilst the other boys dispersed

"The power is in your hands." Jess spoke.

"I've been single for like quite a while" he started.

"How long?" Catherine asked.

"Obviously, like I've been seeing people, but I'd say almost four years now."

"So your ready to have kids now then." Carmen spoke up causing them all to laugh.

"Of course. Of course."

"Zachariah has shook things up definitely. I think a lot of the other girls are regretting not stepping forwards now." Carmen laughed. "But yeah- I'm definitely intrigued."

"What do you think then girlies?" Carmen asked once Zach had left them to speak to the other boys.

"He's- he's fit." Catherine answered.

"Yeah, he's handsome." Jess replied. "Are you feeling him then?"

"He's very laid back, I like that." Carmen spoke.

"You both took a risk back there." Molly said, looking between the brunette and Jess.

"Yeah- George is nice- but I think he's too nice." Jess explained, relaxing slightly when the other girls agreed. "He's a sweetheart and I like a bad boy. How do you feel?"

"I think both me and Mehdi knew it was gonna happen to be honest. Like I think it was pretty obvious we weren't feeling each other."

"Yeah, definitely you have to go with your gut."

__

Later that evening, Carmen found herself laying on one of the daybeds with Zach who had approached her a few moments prior. "You seem to of settled in well."

"Yeah- yeah. Everyone seems welcoming. It's been good, it's been good." he replied, watching as she made herself comfortable. "So how's your couple? You were stepped forward, weren't you?"

"Yeah. Mehdi is a sweetheart, honestly. But I got more of a friendship vibe from him."

"Oh- so your completely open?" he smiled.

"I would be anyway, to be honest. It's still early days- I don't think anyone should be closing themselves off at this point. Do you have a top three?"

"A top three? I'd say yourself." he said causing her to smile. "Catherine. And probably Ella."

"In that order- or?" she asked with a cheeky grin causing a small one to break out onto his face.

"We'll see. We'll see. Would you say I'm your type?" he asked, leaning back do that his head rested against the headboard.