new girls

"Are you regretting it?" Carmen asked, moving so she could get a clearer look at his face

"Nah, nah. I'm here for myself innit, you know. Was you surprised?" Tyrique said.

"Seriously, I was not expecting it at all." Carmen replied. "I was like, he's actually serious. Like his actions are now matching his words, you know."

"Did you like it, though? Was it a good surprise?"

"Yeah, yeah." Carmen said. "Is Ella mad at me? I could hear you both from over here."

"Nah, nah." he said as he shook his head. "She ain't mad at you, she knows you haven't done anything wrong. It's on me, you know. Like- I'm not closed off, like-"

"Yeah but Ty, you literally kissed me in front of everyone. Like how did you think people were gonna react?" Carmen said.

"No regrets though, like, I'd do it again." he shrugged.

"Shut up." Carmen replied as he gaze returned to where Zach and Molly were sat.

"It's just a bit of an awkward position to be in really, like I really feel for Ella right now." Carmen spoke.

The rest of the night, Carmen avoided both boys and instead sat with Jess and Sammy before it was time for bed. Carmen waited until all the other islanders had left the bathroom expect Ella before speaking.

"Shall we chat tomorrow?" Carmen asked as she approached the girl.

"Yeah definitely." Ella said as she gave her a small smile. "My problems not with you, by the way. It's just the was he went about the whole thing like- it's so disrespectful."

"No, I know. I did tell him that." Carmen said. "I think we just all need to sleep on it and talk it out tomorrow."

When the lights went out, Carmen rolled over in bed so that she was facing Zach, the two looking at each other in the dark. She smiled slightly as she felt his lips ghost over her forehead before he turned so that his back was towards her.

__