Chapter 9

Jennie's POV

It's been 2 days since something happened with Lisa and I, and also, ever since that day I have never had contact with her, no phone text or calls and I didn't see even with just a glimpse of her.

At some point in my life, this was the time that I regretted the most, and I thought that she was just playing with me and my innocence.

My chest ached, seeking her presence. I wanted her to talk and at least see me for a moment. But after those two days that passed by, she was not around and left me overthinking to why she would dare to mess up my life , I'm just a young teenager who knows nothing about her.

"You've been spacing a lot lately. Are you sure you're okay?"Irene said as we arranged the things needed for tonight's mass.

It's my schedule to be the cantor while Irene will be the lecture. We change parts as we go on with our schedule, it was quite a hassle today because I have never been myself and always lost on focus but I needed to do my job and serve the LORD, especially that I have done such sinful things, I dint know I could do.

"Yes," I just said and smiled at her as the bell rings, indicating that the Holy rosary has been done and it will be the start of the mass.

We walk through our designated seat as we wait to Father Mark to arrive at the altar.

We sang the intro with bliss and sincerity as my heart felt joyful as I continued to serve my saviour.

"Allelujah! Allelujah, " I sang, but stop in the middle as I saw Lisa standing at the corner of the church while intently looking at me.

My heart starts to beat madly as I lose focus on what I'm supposed to do as I continue to stare at her, wanting to hold her at some point.

"Jen!"Irene said and pulled me to kneel as the mass began.

"Irene I - I think I'm not really feeling well. Can you cover up for me?"I whispered in her ear, as guilt took over me when I lied to her.

Her brows furrowed and touch my neck, confused to what I said because I never did try to give her my part, even when I'm sick before I will still do my best and finish my lecture.

"Okay, I'll just explain to them that you're sick. I'm sure they'll understand, "she agreed, which made me breathe in relief, thankful for what she said.

I continued to kneel before Father Mark instructed us to stand and do a sign of the cross, and I hastily went out trying to act that I'm really sick as I held my head.

When I made sure that they can't be able to see me, I ran through the back and looked to where Lisa was standing earlier.

Then, a feeling of disappointment washed over me when I didn't see her to where she was. I was about to go back inside and pack my things and decided to go home when I felt someone pull me in a secluded space.

I wanted to squel and ask for help when I felt a familiar lips pressing against mine.

My heart started to beat louder again as I kissed her back with the same passion, pulling her much closer to me while my arms were wrapped around her shoulder.

"Hi," she said while catching her breath and holding my face, staring intently at me, and her arms were wrapped around my waist.

I could only stare at her. Unsure of what to do. I wanted to get mad at her for ghosting me, and after two days, she just poof out of nowhere and kissed me here in this dark place.

Instead, I just smiled slightly and pulled myself away from her. I don't know why, but I'm upset about how she's treating me.

"Is there a problem?", she asked and tried to hold me again but I only sighed and was about to walk away but she pulled me and pushed me to the wall behind, securing me with her arms and as always, I'm trapped like a prisoner.