Chapter 38

Jennie's POV

"I- ah," I was stunned and confused

I don't know what to say or to react. She's here.

She's here in front of me, and we're standing in the same room.

I moved back when she walked closer. Her eyes were blank, but the emotions behind it, they were longing and full of hope.

What is this

Did she already remember who I was, and now she would come and did all this stunt and expect me to want her as well.

"No!" I shouted, which made her stop.

"Baby, it's me. Lisa, I'm here, and I'm back fo - " I quickly ran outside, leaving her in that room.

I'm done

She had her chances before, and she's couldn't just come and act like something never happened. When I saw her eyes, I felt rage, I felt so much anger now that I looked at her.

My heart pounded loudly, and adrenaline rushed to my veins as I looked for my way outside this large house. Thankfully, I didn't encounter anyone, as I continued to flee and find my way -

After I found the door, I ran as fast as I could, opening it hastily and rushed barefoot out of the house. It's all sand anyway. All I need to worry about is how can I get out of this place.

-

I stopped to one of the trees as I tried to catch my breath while I roamed my eyes around the place. I was not expecting it to be this big, I've been running for more than an hour now, but all I could see was water and sand and these trees.

In a place like this, there could be a pathway that could lead me back to the city or just a place that I can have someone to ask help with.

Fortunately, I have my wristwatch with me. It's past 10 already, and that's why I'm starting to feel hungry, and the weather was a bit hot.

But I could worry about it later, my son needs me and I need him as well to keep my mind sane from all of these things.

I just can't believe Lisa could do this to me. She became much worse than before. She's so evil and a freaking psycho.

I sighed loudly as I thought of continuing my pace, I still didn't lose hope. I'm sure I can have someone who will come and find me. If she was able to take me here, I'm sure I can find my way out.

As I walked slowly towards the jungle, I felt a branch snap below me, and my heart pounded nervously as I slowly fell down a manhole.

-

"Heeeeeelp!!!" I shouted

"I'm stuck in here!!"

"Please, help me!!!"

I cried out as I slumped myself down the rock I'm sitting. My frustration was getting over me as I thought about what happened with my life

I saw my ex lover

She illegally took me to this unknown place

I run off from her

And now I'm stuck inside this damn manhole with an injured ankle

What a god damn life.

"Jisoos," I sighed and wiped my tears away while I looked up the hole above me. It's the only source of light that I could utilise because the place is all dark and cold, and if I'll be stuck here for the night I just knew it would be the end of me.