Chapter 31

Chaeng's POV

We are settled on the couch in their living room. Lisa was sitting by my side, listening to my explanation. She was very silent, but I could feel how she's just stopping herself from bursting out. I know her. She won't let her daughter see her getting mad. Especially now that Chealse is quite distant with her, and I saw in her eyes how it pained her.

"Lisa, I'm really sorry about my parents did. If I wasn't in a coma at that time. I wouldn't let all of these happen, " I told her softly and held her hand, and I immediately smiled when she interwined it with hers.

I heard her sighed before she pulled her hand away and went to our daughter, who was just looking at everyone confusedly. She's a very quiet child, maybe because of the trauma from the incident before and being diagnosed with cancer at such a young age.

My daughter suffered so much, and Lisa suffered too. Our family is broken apart because of what happened.

"H-how about my mother? I know, and I understand that your parents are against my family, but they wouldn't leave her just like nothing, right?" She asked, but her back was facing me, while she tried to play with Chealse, crunching down so their height could level.

I looked around them, and I signalled that we needed privacy to talk as a family. Fortunately, they understood and smiled at us, leaving me and Lisa with our daughter

I smiled when Chealse started to smile softly around Lisa and hold face. I walked closer towards them and kneeled behind my wife, hugging her from the back and resting my chin on her shoulders.

She was stiff, maybe surprised by what I did, but eventually, she softened and even carress my hands, which rested on her stomach.

"They said that when they arrived, mom was hugging Chealse securely. Maybe that was the reason our daughter survived. Babe, your mom saved our daughter."

After I told her that, she went silent. Her breathing was getting louder until I felt her hold her breath and wipe her tears from her face.

She was crying.

I understood why she would react like this. Lisa loved her mother very much. She was always there for Lisa, supporting her with her passion and everything she would do.

My heart ached for her. For all the years have gone by she thought that we are all gone. That her mother, me, and our daughter left her in just a day, and I blame my parents for what happened, but what can we do. Everything was done.

"Dada, don't cry." I felt Lisa froze when our daughter said that to her. Her head went up, and she straightly looked at Chealse, who was wipping Lisa's face.

"Can I call you that? Because mommy said that you're my dada and when you're sad I should make you smile and stop from crying, " Chealse added, which made Lisa cry harder in front of our daughter.

She's shaking. Her tears are falling nonstop while she holds our daughters hands on her face while I keep hugging her from the back, wanting to comfort her.

"Che- Chealse. God! I -thank you for saving my family, " Lisa utters and hugged us both. Our daughter was in the middle of us, while Lisa was tapping my back, and the three of us cried in unison.

It was such a happy thing for us. We finally reunited. We are finally complete again, and I won't ever let anything ruin my family again.

----

"Open your mouth, my princess. Here comes the chu-chu. " Lisa baby talked while she fed our daughter . She looked so happy on what she was doing, which made my heart melted, and I almost cried at the sight, but stopped when I saw Jisoo unnie frowning.