Chapter 15

Jennie's POV

It's been three days passed, and there was no Lisa who tried to visit me, or at least see me. Her presence was just suddenly gone. It was like she was never here and was like we never met.

However, the gossip about her spread like wildfire, that how could a very well-known and respected couple in Busan have a granddaughter like Lisa, most people in our town hated her, even father Mark told me to stay away from 'that woman', that's what he called her.

And I am now starting to see what was happening. All these people, all these deacons, and even my parents are all hypocritical on the way they talk bad about a person like Lisa. I'm feeling embarrassed on myself, too, because I acted in my impulse and didn't even wait for her to wake up and explain to me about that night.

"Jennie, I was not really expecting that, Lisa. I heard she was a doctor, and then she murdered someone. If it weren't for her family, her license would be evoked," it was Aunt Laura, Irene's mother.

Seriously?

She just came here just to talk bad about her? What's wrong with these people?

I just sighed and ignored her while I kept chopping the ingredients needed for today's lunch for the kids. This was supposed to be held tomorrow in Sunday Mass, but the church changed it for some reason.

"Mom, stop it," I heard Irene say to her mother. "Embarrassment was filled in her tone.

"Why would I? I was just saying what I heard, and it came from both of Jennie's parents, so I think it's true. I mean, Jennie's dad wouldn't lie. He's the governor, after all," she still didn't stop, and I could only grip the knife tightly, holding back my emotions to stop myself from talking back to her.

"Mommy!"Irene tried to stop her mom again, but I could only hear the hissed from her mother, stomping her foot and already annoyed by what her daughter is acting.

"What? You're starting to get on my nerves Irene, remember I'm your mother. Have some respect. "

I rolled my eyes when I heard that word that came from her mouth.

"The hypocrisy," I mumbled, and I think she heard it when I felt her stop and a feeling of someone staring at my back.

"Are you saying something, Jennie?" She said, and I felt her walk toward me. I inhaled deeply, readying myself from her attitude.

I looked at her when she went to my side, I stared at her like I was bored, and she could only scoff and roll her eyes at me, I even saw her hold her waist, already losing patience.

"I did not, Aunt Laura," I tried to deny, just to taunt her on where she could go. I'm done being fake myself, I need to stand for myself too.

"Don't lie to me," she hissed while her eyes narrow, glaring at me.

"Ahh Jennie, I think I can finish this. You can go," Irene intervened, maybe sensing the tension that's happening in the kitchen.

I looked at Irene, and I saw how her eyes beg for me to just let her mother.

"Okay," I just said and was about to put the knife down when she said something that made me burst out.

"Why? We have many things to do in here. Oh, maybe you need to see that murderer aren't you? Have some decency, Jennie"

My brows furrowed while my chest kept rising up and down, hoping to calm myself, but what she said just hit a nerve in me, not for myself but for Lisa.

"I mean, that's what people said. That they saw you hanging out with . What's her name again? Lisa? If I hadn't even known better, you've opened your legs to her. "