Chapter 28

Jennie's POV

I was holding Lisa's hand while she drove us on the way to my house. I spent the entire day with her and her grandparents, and I can say it went well, and now we want to try to pursue my parents. To accept and support us, especially my dad.

"Everything will be alright," she tried to make me calm , and I smiled and kissed her hand, appreciating her effort.

Lisa took my hand as well and kissed it while she drove, then taking it off before she hugged me by my shoulder. I leaned my head and kissed her cheeks before I loudly sighed and just hoped for everything to be better.

She parked outside the gate and even opened a door for me. Gesturing her hand for me to hold before I gently hop off her car.

"You're so sweet lately," I tried to tease her, but she only winked at me and held my waist securely. The guard immediately opened the gate for us, and the pounding doubled against my chest before I slowly twisted the knob.

I found my dad angrily glaring at us while my mom was looking so worried while she's trying to call someone on her phone.

"Mom," I ran towards my mother, and just before I could come closer towards her, my dad quickly went to Lisa and punched her face.

Her groaned was heard that I run back towards her and held her face worriedly. I was really expecting this to happen, but there's also a little hope inside me that my dad would accept us.

"Dad!!"I covered my body to protect Lisa when she's about to hit her again. My tears already fell, disappointed to my own father

Thankfully, my mom went to him, stopping him from coming towards us before he pointed his finger angrily and shouted his frustrations.

"I'm sorry."

The room went silent when we heard Lisa apologize. She was kneeling not too far from my father while her head was bowing down. Her fist was clenched, and drops of sweat came from her skin as she tried to say sorry to both my parents.

"What?" My father uttered in shock as he walked closer to Lisa, and as an impulse, I went closer to her as well and hugged her gently, hoping my dad won't hurt her again.

Lisa sighed and held my hand. She smiled slightly at me before she looked up my father.

"I apologized for disobeying what you wanted, and I admit that I'm not a good person. However, your daughter made such a great impact in my life, and I wanted to be with her. I love your daughter Taylor, and please, just please support us and let me love her the best I can."

I was speechless when I heard what Lisa said. I was not expecting that from her, and I'm just thinking of telling our relationship to both our parents but this. This was just unexpected.

"Lisa," I mumbled her name before I hugged her tightly. I cried in her arms, grateful and loved but her words and how she could fight together with me against my father. On how she could throw away her pride so that my dad could accept us.

Her smile made mine go bigger, and her tears that were about to fall glistened her eyes while she hugged me back.

I saw how my mom went to my dad. She was carresing my dads arm while whispering words to just let us be and to at least make me happy as their only daughter.

"Do-do you really love her?" My dad asked, which made Lisa and I look at him. Our heads nodded eagerly before we pleaded again for him to accept us.

I watched how my dad sighed and wiped his tears away. How he held my mother's hand before he interwined it and nodded his head at us.