The First Night

You were so happy munching on the fruit snacks that Kurogiri had cut up for you that you barely even acknowledged Shigaraki as he approached you until he flopped onto the bar stool directly next to you.
The air coming off him was nearly suffocating.

"Rules." He says simply, making you pause mid-bite of a pineapple stick. "Don't touch me, and don't touch anything else without asking, especially my games."

You lower the pineapple stick in your hand back onto its plate, maintaining eye contact with the scowling man opposite you. Clearly this was important information.
And this guy really seemed to love his games.

"Learn to protect yourself, or die." He follows up, his voice harsh and unforgiving.

"Tomura Shigara-" Kurogiri begins to chastise, only to be immediately silenced by Shigaraki lifting up his palm towards his misty companion, a silent demand to be quiet.

"You get one support player. That's it. Welcome to real life, brat." An eerie smirk splits the cracks on his lips further.

You flinch at the insult slightly.
No-one had ever called you that before and you sure as hell didn't like it.
A frown tugs at your eyebrows before you can stop it, and his smirk tugs even wider, as though he enjoys the fact he riled you up.

Dabi eventually approaches and stands behind you, you can feel a bit more heat than usual radiating off his body. You almost wonder if he's feeling sick and running a fever.

"I can protect myself." You argue, maybe a little brazenly.

Shigaraki scoffs. "Is that so?"

He turns away, clearly done listing his rules for now, but something told you he wasn't finished just yet. You watch him for a couple moments, aware that Dabi wasn't relaxing behind you.
Eventually, you slowly turn your attention back to the chopped up fruit snacks that Kurogiri had made you, keeping a half eye on Shigaraki from the corners of your eyes as you do so.
He's leaning his face into his hand again, tapping his face with one finger thoughtfully.

It's probably the hypervigilance more than any actual talent, but you manage to sense his hand flying towards you before it even happens, your own hand snatching his tiny wrist before his fingers even get anywhere near you.
You squeeze it slightly, surprised that you can fit his whole wrist in your hand.

"Star!"

"Tomura Shigaraki!"

Kurogiri and Dabi snap at the same time.

There's a flash of blue and a quick increase of heat from Dabi behind you, although he doesn't seem to move an inch. Maybe it was more of a warning than anything else.
You and Shigaraki are staring at each other, your eyes narrowed and his eyes wide with surprise. Clearly he hadn't actually expected you to catch him before he could land his hand on you.
You would feel surprised too if you weren't pissed off that he'd genuinely try to touch you, especially with his quirk.

"I'll make you sick." You threaten, squeezing his wrist again, as tight as you can, trying to hurt him as a warning.

After all, he had made it clear he wasn't going to take it easy on you.

Shigaraki blinks a couple times before a weird sneering type of smile pulls at one side of his mouth.

"Star." Dabi warns again, but you ignore him.

"If I can't touch you, you can't touch me." You tell Shigaraki, trying to keep your voice stern despite suddenly realising the gravity of the situation you'd gotten yourself into.

His sneer/smirk widens, but his hand does try to retract from you.

"I'm the boss here." He retorts.

"I don't care." You reply, holding your grip tight on him, utilizing his frail body to your advantage. "I'll make you sick."