So Many Surprises

"Starlight."

You peer over at your bedroom door, your pencil pausing mid-scratch against the paper. Tomura is standing in the doorway, his white hair down and for once he's not all dressed up in his suit jacket and dress pants, like he's going to go out for work.
He's wearing a fitted vest shirt that shows off all his new scars and muscle, and tight black pants like Dabi's. For a second you even wonder if it is Dabi's clothes.

"You look nice pa." You say, after Dabi told you that you weren't allowed to call Tomura pretty.

"Thank you. Can we talk?" Tomura asks, his cracked lips turning upwards ever so slightly on one side.

"Oh, okay." You pause, watching as he steps into your room. "Am I in trouble?"

"You always ask, and yet are you ever in trouble?" He asks in return, raising a hairless brow behind white locks.

"No..." You reply cautiously as he closes the door behind himself. "But one day I might be."

He shakes his head, looking faintly amused, and approaches you, settling on the bed beside you, only quickly glimpsing at your drawing on the easel before putting his full attention on you.
His knuckles brush over your cheek, eating some of the anxiety that's beginning to gnaw at your stomach with how intensely he's looking at you.

"Have you been practicing your English?" He asks in English.

You process the words for a second and then nod, following it up with: "Yes."

"Can we speak in English? I don't want Dabi to hear." He continues, signaling with his hand near his ear to highlight his point.

You blink, but nod again, and Tomura nods as well, seeming to think over what to say next for a moment, his eyes moving to the side for a second.

"Do you like me being your dad?"

You nod. "You're good."

He huffs a little at you, a fondness in his eyes. "You're happy with me and Dabi together?"

You tilt your head at him. "Together?"

"Together means when more than one thing or people are together." Tomura explains in Japanese.

"Oh! Mhm." You nod.

"Would you like us all to be a family?" He asks in English.

You nod.

"I want to be..." You pause, not knowing the English word. "Adopted. Please?"

His expression softens, and he brushes his knuckles over your cheek again. "I'm working on it."

You nod, leaning into the touch.

"I mean, would you like me and Dabi to get married?" He asks.

You screw your face up, recognising the word, but not being able to place it.

"Married." He says in Japanese.

Your eyes widen and you nod immediately. "Family?"

"Family." He repeats. "Me, you, and Dabi."

You nod again, more enthusiastically.

"Are you sure?" He asks in Japanese again. "You won't be in trouble if you're honest."

"I'm sure!" You exclaim, bouncing a little where you sit. "I wanna be a family!"

He smirks, and nods, getting up. "You can't tell him."

"I won't!" You vow.

"Good girl." Tomura praises. "It'll be our secret."