Gentle Soul

✨: morning dad are you ok?

Every morning.
Every morning, at various times, he received that text from his little Star, and it had quickly become something he'd look forward to every single day while waiting around in the hospital.
He'd always reply telling her he was okay even if he wasn't, that he was missing her, and ask about how she was feeling.
He really hoped that his talk with her about being honest a few months back had stuck with her, because she always told him she was okay, too.

Sometimes she'd have a bad dream, crawl into Giran's bed to ask for her phone and call or text Touya, but he didn't mind that. He was happy to sit on the phone texting with her until she fell back to sleep and Giran told him, usually sending him a picture of her asleep with her phone in hand.

This morning was different though.

✨: morning 🐾
🔥: mornin darlin
🔥: told u u can hav a cat when ur better

He assumed that's what she was hinting at by using that emoji, anyway.

✨: no its two paws!
✨: i dont know how to spell what i call you ☹️

Touya could tell her how to spell it. But having her refer to him using an emoji because she wasn't sure on how to spell his name was way cuter.
And honestly, after Tomura put off visiting Touya because 'something unexpected' came up... Touya could use what little pick-me-ups he could get.

🔥: very smart darlin
✨: {{Picture attachment.}}

Touya frowns a little when he clicks on the photo Star had sent through, but his expression soon softens when he sees what she'd sent through.
A little drawing of him. It's a little shaky in comparison to her usual stuff, a little messy, and not nearly as detailed as she usually got her drawings, but it's definitely hers, and it's of him.

The purple scarring, the white hair with black, stitched together clothes... there's even a small blue flame by his feet. Unmistakably him.

He instantly feels a little relieved. She was drawing again, after what felt like months of her not really doing it because she was too stressed out or easily angered by her own mistakes, no matter how small.

And she chose to draw him, which means she might not be scared and confused about what she'd seen, and what she knew anymore.
That she might not be scared of him and loves him still despite him being 'bad'.

🔥: i love it doll thank u
✨: its bad, drawing with fingers is hard
🔥: aint bad hon
✨: uncle giran helped
✨: i drew mura too
🔥: show me?

It feels like forever since he last saw one of her drawings, and he has nothing better to do but indulge in her little text conversation with him while he's sitting in a hospital bed, waiting for Ujiko to come and fix him up.
Zero was still sitting obediently by his side, remaining loyal to Tomuras request to watch over Touya while he was sorting out the HSPC and all of its buildings and staff, so it wasn't like he didn't have any company, but it wasn't exactly fun company.

Zero, despite being with the League for months now, still wasn't the most thrilling in conversation, apparently still struggling to learn social cues, but now Ujiko was free from Tartarus, he might be able to correct that for him.

✨: {{Picture attachment.}}

An equally shaky and messy drawing, but definitely Tomura with his big, fluffy hair, red eyes with creases surrounding them. It's not her greatest work, but it's still charming because she did it.

🔥: hell love it
🔥: wish i could give u a squish
✨: i can come see you

Touya looks at his remains of an arm, wanting to see her, but knowing that Zero was right and she'd probably cry about it, or at the very least, be upset that he'd been badly hurt.