You're Safe Now

You were so happy to be back at Dabi's place of work, even if he'd told you that you had to stay with Uncle Jin or Atsuhiro while you were there, behave and do your lessons.
It was a compromise, but one you were happy with, because at least you knew he'd be nearby if you wanted to see him unlike when he goes off to work and then leaves you at home, which had been happening so much recently.
Maybe the day he'd spent curled up in bed with you had reminded him properly how much he missed you. That would make you feel important if so.
You're holding Uncle Jin's hand as you walk through the halls, reciting the English numbers in turns with him when you hear someone call 'Star!'.
Both you and Jin stop, Jin's other hand on the door handle to your lesson room for the day. You peer around the larger man's body to see Hakuchō heading towards you, her white wings tucked behind her back.

"Hakuchō!" You exclaim excitedly. You hadn't seen her in a while.

"Hey Star. Hey Twice..." She smiles awkwardly. "Um, Star, could I borrow you for a sec?"

"Okay." You agree, automatically letting go of Jin's hand.

"Don't take too long." Jin calls. "I like not bein' on fire!"

You giggle, nodding an agreement and waving at him before jogging to keep up with Hakuchō.

"What's the matter?" You ask curiously, craning your neck to try and get a view of your face.

"Do you know where Dabi is?" She asks.

You shake your head. "He's in a meeting, probably. He has a lot of those now, and they're really important."

She grimaces. "Alright, well..."

She pauses for a moment before taking a deep breath and looking at you properly, looking a little embarrassed. "Do you have any pads? Or tampons?"

Your eyebrows raise a little in surprise at the request, not used to having anyone beyond Himiko ask. You shake your head, and her wings sag a little lower than she usually holds them.

"Uncle Zero usually has them for emergencies, but he's with a doctor right now..." You explain, trying to solve the other girl's problem for her.  "Himiko said that one of the bathrooms has tampons and, um... comdoms? I don't know what that is though. Maybe we could look?"

She looks even more embarrassed at this for some reason, but nods. "Yeah, please."

"Okay." You nod. "Let me just tell Jin-"

"No need to, right? We're just going to the toilet, it won't be long." She tries to reassure you.

"Well, he said to not be long, and there's a few bathrooms..." You reply cautiously.

"Fine, but can we be quick?" She asks, shifting uncomfortably from foot to foot.

You nod, giving her a sympathetic look. You'd never experienced being caught off guard since your first period, and could assume how uncomfortable she probably was.
You wander back to the room where you'd left Uncle Jin, opening the door to the sight of Uncle Jin curled up hugging his head on the mud-covered floor, Hawks standing with his back to you with, big, sharp feathers in his hand.
His head snaps to look at you both, his golden eyes practically glowing.

"What are you doing here?" He snaps at Hakuchō. You flinch in response and duck behind her legs.

"Shit, I-" She begins to say, grabbing your arm.

"Star!" Uncle Jin calls, making a double who rushes towards you, only to be cut down quickly by Hawks.

You cry out in fear, despite knowing that it's just a clone. This seemed like a really scary training session, and you didn't know Hawks well enough to know if he looks that serious when he trains all the time, or if it's just because he's annoyed you interrupted them.