Sick Day

Touya had managed to give himself a heat stroke for the first time in months.
Taking over most of the responsibilities for Tomura was stressful, and as much as Touya was capable and competent enough to do the work, he could use a little more help with the workload.
He couldn't help but feel like the snidey prick Tomura was leading the Paranormal Liberation Front with, Re-Destro, was leaving a lot of his workload for Touya to do, too. Although he shouldn't be surprised, really. It was probably petty revenge considering Touya and Tomura had killed two of his men in a less than kind way when they'd discovered who had taken Star and Giran.

And then Hawks had tried pulling a move on him, and although Touya had let it slide with heated words alone, deciding the bird was more useful alive than dead with the threat of heroes ruining the nice set up they had going for themselves currently, he was beginning to feel doubtful of the fact it was the right thing to have done.
He'd burned up immediately after leaving the winged hero in the room in anger, and had to go outside to release some of the flames that had been barely contained underneath his skin.
He knows that realistically, if he'd have been the one to find out Tomura had been kissed by someone else, reciprocated or not, he wouldn't have been able to contain his anger. Absolutely feels guilty for not frying the man right there and then, feeling like he's betrayed his partner, something he never thought he'd allow himself to have, by just...letting him get away with it, even if it was what Touya thought was for the best at the time.

But with his flames comes consequence. As much as he found pride in his quirk, being strong and recognised for that now, and can enjoy the cathartic release of his emotions through the destruction he could cause with his flames... they hurt him. He wasn't built for them, as much as he loved to ignore that fact.
So he'd had to take the day off, leaving Compress and Geten in charge in his place.
He didn't mind too much. He didn't want to see Hawks, and missed his little Star so much. Felt awful for barely seeing her recently, even though she was getting on better and better with Zero.

The nausea he dealt with daily was worse to the point he was relying on plain toast for sustenance along with an insane amount of water to combat the dehydration. The headache could be combated with painkillers, as well as the cramps that had worsened under the scarring around the entirety of his body.
Heart palpitations he could deal with, just ignoring them unless they were more than he was used to dealing with anyway.
In reality, he just needed a hug.

So he treads weakly to Star's room, a little surprised to see the door's shut. She rarely, if ever, did that.
He raps the door gently with the knuckles on the back of his hand.

"You okay in there, hon?" He asks through the door.

There's no response, but he can pick up on the sounds of her getting out of her bed and the sounds of the floor creaking as she comes to the door.
She opens the door, surprised eyes looking up at him.

"Pawpaw?" She asks, highlighting how little he'd been there for her recently.

"Hey, darlin' girl." He greets with a weak smile. "How come your doors shut?"

She seems to get all embarrassed and looks away. "No reason. I was sleeping."

Touya fights the urge to cringe, because she's a terrible liar, and he wasn't born yesterday.

"Alright doll. Sorry for wakin' you up. I'll let you get back to sleep." He replies patiently, tracing the knuckles on his fingers over her cheek softly like Tomura used to do.

She's growing up so quickly, but he tries not to think about it too much, because he wasn't a stranger to spiralling the second he felt like she might not want or need him anymore.
She shakes her head and clings to his torso, knocking him sick without meaning to. He grimaces but lets her hold him with her face mushed into his stomach. That's what he'd wanted anyway. A hug.