Heart-to-Heart

You were all cozy on Dabi's bed, wrapped up in his blanket like a little burrito watching Spirited Away while he worked on patching up his wrist.
You'd offered to help, but he didn't seem very eager for it, telling you to 'just sit down an' behave'.
It looked pretty straight forward, it was just a little contraption that'd staple his skin, but you didn't push the subject in fear of annoying him.

In fact, he'd seemed more in pain pulling them out properly and cleaning the blood left behind.
You tried not to look because it made you feel a little sick and worried.
Instead, you tried focusing on the movie instead of what Dabi was doing at his desk. You knew the movie so well that you could practically quote it word for word, after all, you'd watched it on a loop for two weeks one time when mom was sick once.
When Dabi's finished, and climbs into his bed beside you, he chuckles a little as you silently mouth the lines.

"Y'really like this film, huh?" He asks, wrapping an arm loosely around you as you allow yourself to lean on his side.

You nod. Whenever you needed to escape, you could always trust this film to relax you and take you somewhere else for a little while.
Mom wouldn't wake up because she took the sleepy stuff again? Spirited Away. Mom was arguing with her boyfriends? Spirited Away. Feeling lonely? Spirited Away. Sad? Spirited Away.
Sometimes, you'd even put it on when all the food was rotten and pretend that you were eating the food in the movie. It always looked so fluffy and tasty.

"Who's your favourite?" He asks, leaning his head on yours.

"Haku." You reply without even thinking about it. "He always looks after Chihiro, even if it makes him hurt. And he's a pretty dragon sometimes."

Dabi 'hm's, rubbing his cheek against the top of your head, the staples lining the skin there scratching at your scalp slightly.
You both watch quietly for a little while, you still wrapped up in his blanket despite his body always giving off a higher-than-normal warmth. It's almost enough to make you a little sleepy.
Eventually, Dabi seems to find something the main character does funny, the snort that leaves him tickling the top of your head.

"Y'know, I ain't watched this for years. But you're jus' like that little kid." He comments teasingly.

And boy, you wished.
Chihiro was strong, and only cried a little bit during the whole movie, even though her parents got turned into pigs and she nearly never saw them again. She even got chased by a scary monster and didn't cry about it once!
Whereas you cried nearly whenever you thought about your mom.

"Uh-uh." You deny, a little sadly.

"Aw, yaknow? Maybe you're right. You're like No-Face." He teases even more. "Givin' those ducks all those seeds like No-Face gives out the gold."

You puff your cheeks out in annoyance, and he laughs a little more, kissing your head.
You still weren't used to him doing that, but you weren't going to complain. It made you feel a little more wanted and a little less like a burden whenever he did it.

"I don't wanna eat the duckies though... just pet them a little." You murmur.

"Pretty sure Kurogiri fed ya a duck onigiri the other day." Dabi teases, and you mumble at him to shut up.

For once, he listens, giving you a little squeeze with the arm that's wrapped around you but moving away after, opting to sit over at the window, perching on the windowsill and craning his neck so he can still see the movie as he lights a cigarette.
A knock at the door draws his attention, his eyebrows pulling together.

"What?" He calls.

The door opens anyway, revealing Toga's excited face, her pink tongue running along her sharp teeth.