Secrets, Secrets, Secrets

You ended up kind of bullying Dabi into letting you stay in the bathroom until he was done soaking his burns. You didn't beg, just pleaded once with tearful eyes and he had caved.
He made you sit with your back to him the entire time, but you didn't care too much as long as you were allowed to be near him. The sounds of water splashing occasionally was enough to soothe you that he was still nearby, that he wouldn't let anything happen to you.
After all, you were still paranoid that Shigaraki would eventually come fuming from his room and try to find you, to yell at you, or worse.

Whenever it looked like you were going to turn around, Dabi would verbalize a warning. It wasn't snapped, or yelled, just a reminder for you to remain with your back turned. You were good, and didn't try to push your luck. Dabi had made it clear that he didn't really want you in the room with him earlier.
You'd been anxious the entire time, staring at the door, listening out for any sounds of distress that could be coming from outside your room. It had felt like forever that Dabi had carelessly stayed in the tub, despite your urges for him to go and check on Shigaraki.

You don't know why he was being so stubborn about it, you knew he liked Shigaraki, so why didn't he seem to care now?

When Dabi asks you to hand him his towel, and demands you absolutely do not turn around, you hold the towel in front of you up, keeping your eyes fixed on the wall opposite. The sound of water draining, and his wet feet hitting the ground tell you that he's finally done bathing, and you feel your body loosen with relief.

"Can you go and check now?" You ask quietly.

"Quit pesterin'." Dabi replies coldly. "Aren't ya mad? He yelled at you."

He pauses, before spitting: "I'm fu- I'm mad."

You shake your head. You weren't mad. You were sad.
And you were more worried about Dabi's reaction if something bad did happen to Shigaraki. You didn't want him to feel as broken and lonely as you did when you'd found mom.

"I don't want you to be mad, or sad. So can you go and check on him? Please?" You continue to pester, wanting to reach out and grab one of his warm, scarred arms for extra grounding and emphasis.

You don't though, not even paying attention to his silhouette in the corners of your eyes as he starts picking up his clothing.

"I'll check on him when I feel like it." Dabi replies in a gravelly voice, making the corners of your mouth fall ever so slightly, burying your face into your arms as you hug your knees.

There's a short silence between you both, the only sound filling the bathroom being the sound of the water draining. Eventually, Dabi seems to huff.

"Fine." He grunts, his hand landing in your hair. "You stay in here."

You raise your head instantly, cautiously looking up at Dabi. Now redressed, he looks down at you, a look of concern hiding behind dangerously cold eyes.

"Want me to put a movie on for ya while I'm gone?" He asks. "A show? You gonna nap?"

"Can I choose?" You ask, watching as he hangs his towel over the door, getting up and following behind him as he exits the bathroom.

"Nothin' outside of the children's profile." Dabi warns, pinching your cheek.

"Promise." You reply, hopping onto the bed and crossing your legs, hauling Ducky onto the bed with you.

Dabi gives you a once over before humming a little, grabbing the controller and pressing a few buttons, loading up the kids profile for you.
He hands you the remote, kissing the top of your head quickly before standing straight.

"Stay here. Got that?"

You nod again, transfixed on the TV screen. He'd never let you choose what to watch before like this, usually you would tell him what you wanted to watch and he'd just put it on for you, no questions asked. Mom never did that for you.
Dabi pads out of the room, hands in pockets, his black mess of hair briefly blocking the screen as he walks past.