Heavy Heart

Touya wakes up with arms tightly coiled around his neck.

"Ugh..." He groans, shifting his head as best he can, his vision and brain sleep-hazed. "Geddoff, Tomura."

"It's me." Star replies, quietly.

"Star? Wha?" Touya asks groggily. "What're you doin'?"

"I'm scared. I think I'm going to have a baby." She responds quietly, but her voice is full of worry even as she keeps it hushed.

Touya frowns deeply with his eyes still closed. "Huh?"

"I haven't had a period for a while, but Toga says that only happens when a lady's pregnant... I don't want to have a baby." Star whispers, clinging to him even tighter.

Touya takes all of that in slowly, his brain sobering up more and more the more she continues to talk, and soon enough, Touya's unable to stop himself from bursting out into laughter. Loud laughter.

Loud enough to wake Tomura up from the edge of their shared bed, his long-haired lover sitting up slowly and wiping the sleep from his eyes, too. He must have been really tired for him to fall asleep deeply enough to not have registered Star climbing into the bed with them.

"What?" Tomura asks as a general question to the two of them.

His voice is even hoarser than usual from being roused from his sleep, his muscular arms loose by his side and his back slouched as he sits up.

"It's not funny, Dabi!" Star defends, sounding embarrassed. "I'm scared!"

"Sorry, hon. I'm sorry." Touya apologises, trying to collect himself enough to stop him from laughing at her worry.

"What's the matter, Star?" Tomura asks, sounding a little exasperated.

"I might be having a baby." She replies fearfully, turning her head to try to face the man behind her without letting go of Touya's neck.

Tomura's non-existent eyebrows furrow. "What?"

"Toga told her that only happens when people get pregnant." Touya snorts, and then tries to hide it with a faux cough.

"You're not having a baby, Starlight." Tomura tells her tiredly.

"But I've not had a period for ages!" She frets. "And yesterday I was sick! Mom said she was sick all the time with me when I was in her belly and that's why I have a quirk that makes people sick!"

"You were sick 'cause you ate too quickly when your stomach ain't used to it." Touya corrects, poking her belly gently and playfully. "You forgot to remember to slow down when you're eatin' after a while of not havin' food."

"And you've not had a period because you've been under stress mentally and physically." Tomura adds on calmly.

"But Toga said-" She begins to argue.

"There's lots of factors that can stop them." Tomura says flatly. "You're very underweight, and so your body has shut down certain functions."

"Oi." Touya warns.

"It's the truth." Tomura shrugs. "You're unwell, so your body's behaving as such."

"I'm not gonna have a baby?" She asks quietly.

"No, Star." They both reply at the same time.

"I guess that makes sense, 'cause you need a boy and a girl to have a baby..."

"You ain't gettin' a boyfriend 'til you're thirty." Touya interrupts quickly.

"We're not doing this right now, Star. Go back to sleep." Tomura says firmly, seemingly determined to end the conversation before it starts.