Meanwhile... Goodnight, Star

"Star?" Zero's voice comes from the doorway.

"Go away." You sniffle, rubbing your eyes in frustration.

"Sorry, I cannot when you're upset. It'd be against Dabi's orders." He says with an apologetic smile.

"Well he isn't here, so it doesn't matter." You huff, scribbling over your drawing angrily with your pencil.

"Star!" Zero exclaims for the first time ever. "Please don't do that!"

"It's bad. Everything's bad." You sniff, flopping onto your side on your bed. "Go away."

"I told you, I can't." He replies calmly. "I bet your drawing is just as good as the others."

"Is not." You argue with your back turned to him.

"Can I come in and see?" He asks.

"It's ruined now anyway, so no." You grumble, wishing he'd just go away.

"I'm sure we could fix it. Most things can be fixed." Zero says optimistically.

"Not always." You mumble.

You couldn't fix mom, because she was gone. You couldn't fix whatever was wrong with your pa that meant he was having more surgeries. You couldn't fix Dabi's work schedule so you could see him more than you were currently, either.

"I'd like to come in and see your drawing, please." Zero requests politely.

You could honestly probably use the company, and Zero, although having creeped you out the first night he'd arrived, was a really calming presence to have around. Everyone seemed to really like him, and tried to spend time with him while he was in their presence. You suppose there was worse company to have at the moment when you were so angry all the time for no reason at all, currently.

"Fine." You huff reluctantly.

There's a moment of silence from Zero, but you soon hear him making his way into your room, and then see him from the corner of your eye crouching to pick up the drawing you'd thrown with an outstretched, stitched up arm. His hair falls from behind his shoulders, shielding his face from you so you can't see whether he thinks the drawing's good or not.
You'd already scribbled it out now, anyway. It was probably hard to tell whether it had been good or not before that.

"This is nice, Star." Zero says, turning to look at you, and tucking his long hair behind his ear and then glancing back down at the artwork. "I can see Dabi, Bubaigawara, Himiko, Spinner and Compress. It feels like..."

He pauses. "It feels comfortable. Happy?"

"It's from Christmas." You say quietly. "I was happy."

Zero nods, looking down again at the paper for a moment before standing and approaching you, crouching opposite you instead and placing the paper carefully on your bed again.

"We can fix it." He says calmly. "Do you have an eraser?"

"I tore it a bit." You reply sadly, pointing at a small hole near the edge of the page.

Zero looks at where you're pointing, still smiling softly like always, before returning his soft, mismatched eyes to yours.

"That's simply because you were frustrated because it wasn't as perfect as you wanted, right?" He asks. "I think Shigaraki will respect that. I've heard stories of when he expected perfection at all times."

You look at him curiously. "It can really be fixed?"

"Of course. With a little time and effort a lot of things can be fixed." Zero nods. "Why don't you get an eraser?"